DC Sound Lab

Pretty basic question, lol. What's it put out at 8 ohms?

Looking to power four 8" midrange speakers with it, but having a hard time finding speakers that can handle it's power.

I would bridge the channels and run two 8ohm speakers per bridge, but finding 8" midranges that can take 250rms each is not possible, lol. And finding a 4ohm speaker than can handle 175rms is just as hard.

So yeah, how much power at 8ohms?

Or recommend 4 speakers for me that can handle the amp at 4 ohms.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Looking to power four 8" midrange speakers with it, but having a hard time finding speakers that can handle it's power.

I would bridge the channels and run two 8ohm speakers per bridge, but finding 8" midranges that can take 250rms each is not possible, lol. And finding a 4ohm speaker than can handle 175rms is just as hard.

if you bridged your 8's it would only be 175 watts per speaker. 175 watts for midbass is feasible. there's plenty of options out there.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

if you bridged your 8's it would only be 175 watts per speaker. 175 watts for midbass is feasible. there's plenty of options out there.

My bad, the amp does 500rmsx2 at 4ohms bridged... Each speaker would need to handle ~250w rms.

Also it's mid-range drivers I'm looking for, not mid bass

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

1st, an 8" midrange is... dumb. 8" midbass is great. the larger mass is just too hard to move 3000 times per second lol. its like trying to buy a 6" tweeter. your midrange will need to play up to the bottom end of your tweeters. so if your tweeters can play down to 4000hz, you want a midrange that can play over 4k. i say over because they will have roll off at the ends of their response range.

second, im running my 100w 6.5" midrange speakers as midbasses on 500w each. im sure my speakers never see close to 500w after all the factors. so dont be too scared of a little power headroom. as long as you can be smart about it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well maybe you can help me reconsider my plans than.

My plan was to get 4 sundown neo pro 8's. Just run them at 8ohms off the 175.4

I already have 4 crescendo super tweets and a mb quart onyx 4.60 to power them.

For crossover im getting the audio control DQX

I wouldn't mind running one 8" mid-bass per door, and two 6" mid ranges per door.

But running a 3 way front stage turns into too much $$ needed to be spent on a crossover. Unless it would be okay for me to let my sub amp handle the lowpass for the subs, and have the DQX run mid-bass/mid-range/tweets

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

I wouldn't mind running one 8" mid-bass per door, and two 6" mid ranges per door.

But running a 3 way front stage turns into too much $$ needed to be spent on a crossover. Unless it would be okay for me to let my sub amp handle the lowpass for the subs, and have the DQX run mid-bass/mid-range/tweets

ya, nothing wrong with that.

just look at the frequency response range of the neo-8 and the super tweeters. pro drivers are made to work as a midrange at the cost of midbass so they might not sound terrible. im personally not a fan of pro drivers so you might ignore my bias.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ya, nothing wrong with that.

just look at the frequency response range of the neo-8 and the super tweeters. pro drivers are made to work as a midrange at the cost of midbass so they might not sound terrible. im personally not a fan of pro drivers so you might ignore my bias.

I would love to go for sound quality, but it's just not in the budget any time soon.

Thanks for your input though!

Still hoping someone can tell me what the amp does at 8ohms though :drinks:

Also, I have never had a NICE crossover like the DQX. I would have no problem band passing the mid bass from 100hz-300hz, band passing the midranges from 300hz-3Khz, and high passing the tweets 3Khz and up?

The user manual for the thing only shows set ups where the sub amp is controlled through the DQX

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

For what your going to spend on those drivers you could get a really nice set of comps and have your cake and eat it too, a lot of people have been looking into the hybrid audio gear and with the beginners set @ $250.00 they'll have all the midbass you want have plenty of clarity. I like the pro audio gear just not for car use though because as was stated they tend to lack authority in the midbass area.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I Currently have a set of the old model 6.5" RF power components up frontI. Im looking for multiple speakers in each door. louder and better for around 600 bucks.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's