Second Skin Audio

Opinions on box

Needing opinions on these box styles. The dimensions will be close to LxWxH 22x40x24 not including the port or dimensions yet. So here are my options i would like to choose from. Any other ideas are preferred.

Box ideas for my AQ SD2.5 15's

box3.jpg

box2.jpg

B0x1.jpg

nice:D i would go for 1 chamber 1 sub. just split in half. and tuned to 26 hz. thats what i would do, the boxes looks prettty good :D

how many liters and what is it tuned to?

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

nice:D i would go for 1 chamber 1 sub. just split in half. and tuned to 26 hz. thats what i would do, the boxes looks prettty good :D

trying for 9 cube net and tuned to 35hz. and i thought about just spitting it in half and if i do i will end up make a bigger box cuz of the port volume right?

trying for 9 cube net and tuned to 35hz. and i thought about just

spitting it in half and if i do i will end up make a bigger box cuz of the

port volume right?

Yep thats right. I just made my first box. Make sure you have a long port, or you will gett air sound from the port. Im looking forward to see more.

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

trying for 9 cube net and tuned to 35hz. and i thought about just

spitting it in half and if i do i will end up make a bigger box cuz of the

port volume right?

Yep thats right. I just made my first box. Make sure you have a long port, or you will gett air sound from the port. Im looking forward to see more.

Yes i have seen your box very nice. I was thinking of this box design box3.jpg

\But i am still not sure. AQ just emailed me that my subs wont be made till late october was disappointed but i cant be to upset about it. just gives me more time to decide and build this box right

I'd do the second one with the horizontal port across the bottom, assuming this is a generic SUV install. I've noticed that the port across the bottom works better on taller boxes, like yours. Also, you can't get 9ft^3 after displacements with the dimensions you're working with since you only have 10.28ft^3 before displacements. Port is going to each up about 2ft^3, so aim for 8ft^3 after displacements.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Wow, 9 cubes net ? That's a big box for two 15"s. Not saying it's "too big". I don't know enough about your actual subs to make that kind of judgement. I just know that my box is 7.75 cubes net, for my two 15"s, and at least a few people including SMD himself, said my box was pretty big for two 15"s......

Hmmmm....

Fish

I'd do the second one with the horizontal port across the bottom, assuming this is a generic SUV install. I've noticed that the port across the bottom works better on taller boxes, like yours. Also, you can't get 9ft^3 after displacements with the dimensions you're working with since you only have 10.28ft^3 before displacements. Port is going to each up about 2ft^3, so aim for 8ft^3 after displacements.

Yes this will be going into a 07 ford escape. I was playing around with the torres calc. Also AQ emailed me saying that an ideal box volume per sub would be 3.5-5.0. Now i figure i could be within 7-10 cubes net and be ok. So with that information my dimensions could change. I do plan on staying with the 40" width though. And you say that with port across bottom would be good for taller boxes is great info. So i am going to do that box. So how would i calculate for bracing and 45's in the corners? With bracing vertical would i have it go through the port?

so i am using the torres calc to get the volumes of the planned box i am wanting to build. So i would like to ask if anyone knows how to calculate for bracing and 45's in the corners? With bracing vertical would i have it go through the port?