best trunk

I refuse to use foam, thats why it needs to fit as tight as possible. Doesn't have to be 100% airtight unless you are looking for every last .1 db in comps. You can use painters tape on the small holes at comps. It will come right off with no residue.

You will need to remove the rear deck panel and seal up all the little holes there, too, use deadener, too easy.

EDIT: Start with cardboard, then thin MDF for the template.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

from my previous testing ive had best results on the METER with subs and port firing back, now i have had the best SQ with subs and port firing into the cabin sealed off, for some reason the lows i get are phenomenal, you would think it'd be the other way around but for some reason i lose the authority of the lows from about 28-33hz in that range when firing back

i went from playing only down to 28hz to down to 20hz just from sealing forward.

exactly, i could always play down into the low 20s, just not with much authority

firing into the cabin my car really likes that 27hz up to about 33hz, would move so much air and shake so much shit, now when i play it.. it still plays down that low, just not with much authority... rarely can you ever have the best of both worlds :shrug:

the life of the basshead. le sigh

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I refuse to use foam, thats why it needs to fit as tight as possible. Doesn't have to be 100% airtight unless you are looking for every last .1 db in comps. You can use painters tape on the small holes at comps. It will come right off with no residue.

You will need to remove the rear deck panel and seal up all the little holes there, too, use deadener, too easy.

Cool, I'm gonna give this a try, I may not start right away though, can I hit you up for some info if I need to?

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

I've actually had some really good results with subs up port forward. But it's tricky. subs back port side works well in many trunks.

The problem with subs and port back is that my trunk is fitted. So there's no room for the air to travel back into the cabin.

IMG_0571.jpg

Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Cool, I'm gonna give this a try, I may not start right away though, can I hit you up for some info if I need to?

Yeah man. You can get an idea in my build log(in my sig). That was my first attempt, i'm building a new box and it should all come out even better this time. You gotta learn by trying, then improve.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

to be honest. no one has ever had any luck iwth that. ports in subs in ports back subs back or subs back ports through the rear deck are the most common for actually getting loud. some cars will like different things but if i was trying to get loud thats where id start. If your seats fold and you dont fire in you really arent serious about it getting loud. It wont be as easy but its the way to go.

Before someone comes in and says i know so and sos babys mamas cousins uncle and he does a 152 firing backwards. Im not saying it cant get loud its just not as common.

Ok so Im breaking my silence lol (My first post).. I have too because this is somthing Im dealing with now, I have a camry and love doing subs forward and ports forward, but now that I have people that do comp's I need to ask a question. If Im doing a 12in MTX 9512-44 only one, what size and how many ports should I have?

Sorry miniSPLlancer not trying to steal your post.. Also Im in Mesa,AZ so if you need anyhelp I have tools and knowledge

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

to be honest. no one has ever had any luck iwth that. ports in subs in ports back subs back or subs back ports through the rear deck are the most common for actually getting loud. some cars will like different things but if i was trying to get loud thats where id start. If your seats fold and you dont fire in you really arent serious about it getting loud. It wont be as easy but its the way to go.

Before someone comes in and says i know so and sos babys mamas cousins uncle and he does a 152 firing backwards. Im not saying it cant get loud its just not as common.

Ok so Im breaking my silence lol (My first post).. I have too because this is somthing Im dealing with now, I have a camry and love doing subs forward and ports forward, but now that I have people that do comp's I need to ask a question. If Im doing a 12in MTX 9512-44 only one, what size and how many ports should I have?

Sorry miniSPLlancer not trying to steal your post.. Also Im in Mesa,AZ so if you need anyhelp I have tools and knowledge

That's not a simple correct answer. There are too many variables.

same here man, any help needed or questions pm me

Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

That's not a simple correct answer. There are too many variables.

OK SO WHERE WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO START?

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

Archived