Sonic Electronix

Hi my names Terrence and I dont know much about subwoofer enclosures I mean I know what vented and sealed is but I do not know like how to find the hz, I know how to find inside enclosure and multiply that all out to fing volume, but anyways to the point I want to build a T-line enclosure for my 15" Power Acoustik Fubar, I cant find the Fz's for the sub but i found the top mount which idk what that is but its 7 3/4 and the sensetivity is 93db's its a 1000rms 2000peak dual 4ohm, The T-line will need to fit inside my car trunk, idk how to calculate any of this any help would be greatly appreciated, I wont be able to Post the Trunk specs until i get out of school, its 9am so in about 7 hours, i plan on building the box then sliding it in from the inside i believe the height of the opening is about 17"

ur not fitting a proper t-line in a trunk. maybe an 8 would fit, but def not a 15.... and welcome!

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

ur not fitting a proper t-line in a trunk. maybe an 8 would fit, but def not a 15.... and welcome!

Oh, I don't know....I'm building a 1/4 wave T-Line for a 15 and it's about 16x17.25x48 with a 7.5x14.5 opening....= about 110 sq inches....I am considering making it 16x19.25x48 to increase that to 123...Either way the port length = about 80 inches long and that may fit in the trunk??

i agree. maybe a seasoned tline builder could do something like that. but for your first time i would suggest doing ALOT of research. i myself am learning more about TLines. and they are pretty large.

i would suggest maybe a nice 4th order for that. its a little less complicated and will sound great. but if you do still want to attempt tline enclosures i would read the 1/4 wave tutorial that foreverbumpin posted up. its filled with alot of good information

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i dont know of any other way to find FS and QTS rather than a manufacurter

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

And do u think the fourth order would produce more spl than a prefab ported box?

YES a custom build box of any kind that is build correctly will out do a prefab.

there are cases where a prefab will produce decent numbers. but most people on here would suggest building your own box.

4th orders can produce big numbers because they are very efficient. 90% of the numbers are all in the design of the box.