Sonic Electronix

im a little confused with ur statement but how can a meyham take 13k beter than a smd just curious

the SMD is a SQ woofer not a SPL woofer they both have strengths and weaknesses but for SPL the mayhem is the winner there is a guy on here that did testing on both woofers some time back and he found that the mayhem is a much stronger woofer for burps

ohh ok got ya

im a little confused with ur statement but how can a meyham take 13k beter than a smd just curious

the SMD is a SQ woofer not a SPL woofer they both have strengths and weaknesses but for SPL the mayhem is the winner there is a guy on here that did testing on both woofers some time back and he found that the mayhem is a much stronger woofer for burps

SMD being an SQ woofer is a bit vague don't you think? more of an SQL woofer, or a very good sounding woofer as most people that use them say they sound amazing, when you say SQ most people will think of hertz, focal, audison, etc. I don't see the SMD burning up on 13k for burps, meade is running about 7k per SMD (not clamped) in his SUV daily and he doesn't seem to have any issues with them whatsoever, just my .02 :pardon:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

1 jl w7... on a hifonics HFi1000.1d. so sick!

hahah jk.... I wanna Wall my Sentra with 2 DC Xl 15s and a DC 5K.... Not the biggest but its a Dream that might be reachable. haha

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

SMD being an SQ woofer is a bit vague don't you think? more of an SQL woofer, or a very good sounding woofer as most people that use them say they sound amazing, when you say SQ most people will think of hertz, focal, audison, etc. I don't see the SMD burning up on 13k for burps, meade is running about 7k per SMD (not clamped) in his SUV daily and he doesn't seem to have any issues with them whatsoever, just my .02 :pardon:

there is a big difference in 7k per and 13k per

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

ehh all i know is 104k rms on 8 18s i think the car there in would blow apart quicker than the sub will

yeah but i'd think that 7k per sub daily is more stress on a sub than 13k for burps? I remember reading a thread on here of pulse car audio burping an SA-15 on two powerbass 4k's strapped, it did something like 25-30 burps before it blew? 600 rms sub burping 8k? kinda like a 3.5k sub burping 13k?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

hm for my tahoe, i want one SMD 18" on two RF T2500BDCP

that will be the next system in the tahoe for sure.

for my burban. i just want either my one XL 18" in there in a clean ass install, or maybe two XL 18s on a DC 5k.

im more interested in the outside looks of my burb now, and getting it bagged.

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

uhm zayres the guy your referring to is db don and what he said is that the mayhem is a better burp sub (meaning that watt for watt it will be louder than the smd) now as for it taking the power the same guy put an smd on 7k for a 2hr burp then pulled it apart, nothing was fucked up on it and the coil still looked new. as for the sq vs spl part yes the smd does sound awesome but its designed to be able to put up big numbers down low and be the ultimate in daily driving subwoofers but this does come at a price, the smd will need a good chunk of power

yeah but i'd think that 7k per sub daily is more stress on a sub than 13k for burps? I remember reading a thread on here of pulse car audio burping an SA-15 on two powerbass 4k's strapped, it did something like 25-30 burps before it blew? 600 rms sub burping 8k? kinda like a 3.5k sub burping 13k?

no the sa only got i think like 5 burps before blowing both times, it was the arsenal and every other sub tested that didnt blow (excluding the t3 subs) but in the sa's defense it was i believe a d2 where as the arsenal was a d4

Archived