Sonic Electronix

Everyone is crazy for ported boxes why is this??

I have heard some crap ported boxes and that has turned me off them completely, Is it Possible to get sealed SQ While maintaining maximum output from my subs. It seems thats i would rather go sealed to save the hassle. But i may give ported a try but ive never heard a ported box properly designed for that particular sub. The only ones ive heard are prefab Will the custom porperly tuned one be much better? My subs have recommended ported and sealed box specs with a tuning frequency of 33hz i cant remember off the top of my head is 33 hertz a good tuning freq?

Cause i know that SPL Boxes are much higher and i don't like the sound but they are not designed for SQ just output so thats not an issue for them

Cheers

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

Grab Torres calc & get to building.(It's dead simple to use) Simple slotted boxes are easier each time you build one.

For tuning, it's somewhat a matter of preference (depending on what you're going for & music tastes) What subs do you have?

Yes a good ported box can sound damn good.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

My subs are basic Clarion 1500w max 500w rms DVC subs i have 2 it has an exact ported box design with it and i know a professional box maker that get is all cut by computer like the spec sheet has tuning freq and port length with box thickness if i get this built i am assuming it will sound good but sealed seems simple but if i get someone really experienced to build it i am assuming it will be amazing but i am still skeptical cause i have never witnessed it working well but you guys are the experts not me im still learning.

And what do lower and higher tuning frequencies affect the sound like the difference between 25hz 35hz ad 50hz in a ported box whats the difference???

The Difference is on how low the sub will be able to play.

A higher tuned box will typically have more output at the cost of frequency response the same applies for the opposite.

Getting the tuning right for the particular application is just half of the story though.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

My sub on the ported box specs requests tuning of 33hz im guessing this will be best for my subs like good output and frequency response best of both worlds which is what i want in a ported box, If i am wrong correct me haha :)