Ecco Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 there's a lot you can do. I've been extremely independent since I was young, so I don't need to cope much. But all wounds heal in time. I'm friends with a lot of my ex's, because I don't like to end things on bad terms. I would suggest trying to separate friends, for a little while any way. Involve yourself in productive things, i know drinking is fun and its instant gratification, but booze is a depressant and can hurt in the long run. Just spend more time doing things you're passionate about. If you try to fuck her away most likely it won't work and you might miss out some future potential relationships. I'm in a different situation (that sucks ass, mind you), but what you said relates to me. I hate to end things on bad terms, and that's what happened. I'm trying to fix it, but man... Nothing's going right. She means the world to me, and all I want is to be her friend again. I talk to my other exes and they are all cool and I trust em.. But man, time will help you. It hopefully will help me as well...
SDMorris Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 Well, if its any correlation, I just moved from Reno Nevada to Seattle Washington for work, the girl I was with for almost 2 1/2 years broke up with me when I moved. I understand her decision but I loved her very much and its painful to let something go like that. I cope with training MMA, my car, and spending time with my new friends. Its difficult when life throws a curve ball at you, but my best suggestion is to work with every event in life like you chose it to happen that way. When you change the game from negative to positive, everything gets better. Like the old saying.. is the glass half full or half empty? I'm the half full type guy.. and I encourage others to be the same. Just stay strong and be true to yourself man. DC AUDIO 06' Lancer
RobDH Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 there's a lot you can do. I've been extremely independent since I was young, so I don't need to cope much. But all wounds heal in time. I'm friends with a lot of my ex's, because I don't like to end things on bad terms. I would suggest trying to separate friends, for a little while any way. Involve yourself in productive things, i know drinking is fun and its instant gratification, but booze is a depressant and can hurt in the long run. Just spend more time doing things you're passionate about. If you try to fuck her away most likely it won't work and you might miss out some future potential relationships. Reminds me of a saying I have heard a few times in my life. "Leave her better off then you found her" This should go both ways, and in the same even if she is the one that leaves you. In the end of the day it is being true to your self, reguardless of actions on the other person and there actions they have commited. This shows a person of great self worth and compasion and in my opinion in reality even if I joke here and there its more out of saying something to brighten the mood. But fallowing this, will only prove to others the good person you are and then when the time comes and the one your ment to be with walks by. It will show with a raidience between you two, that you are not there to take from her but only to be with her, work together with her and watch both of you grow and gain in many ways through life.
greatblack Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 [quote name= Gem132' timestamp='1318409846' post='1718120] So how does everybody cope when they break up with their gf ? me and my gf broke up yesturday and in a week we were going to be 3 yrs. i just dunno what to do. everything i would do involved her, parties she was there family dinner/lunches pretty much any place i went out i would have her with me. i was with her all the time and now im so lost. i just dunno how to keep my self from crying. what do you guys normally do ? i don't suggest and at the same time suggest. punching things, i get angry i broke my hand when me and my gf broke up. fun stuff trust me. but now i drink, like a lot so i don't suggest starting to do that cause once you start copping via alcohol you rely on it and well lets just say i might as well be bulimic. look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
412 CVX Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 F.B.G.M. Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs. My temp system build log More box buildssome cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches! I'm with captain stupid.
^_^ Gem132 Posted October 14, 2011 Author Report Posted October 14, 2011 i gotta give it to you man, you came in here and layed it all out in front of a bunch of strangers....that takes balls. I also gotta say i think its pretty cool all you guys are stepping up and talking to him like man instead of dogging him out. Thats one thing about this forum that is different from a lot. Most of us are like family and do our best to help out, even if the subject isnt speakers. good luck bro. You will be fine. It sucks, but you will be fine!! There is tons of girls out there, go find you a new one. You seem like a nice guy, that shouldnt be any problem at all. Thanks man, i appreciate you comming in here. and yeah im on this forum all the time even though i dont post much im always just sitting back learning and watching. so this is like a 2nd home to me and a 2nd family. and yeah i thank everyone for comming in here and talking giving me some advice on what to do it really means alot to me. so thanks guys You cant keep yourself down. Go out and find you a new one. The last time my ex GF broke up with me I found a girl sitting in the bleachers(I play minor league baseball) 8 days later and I have been with her for almost 5 years now. Give it time, the right one will fall in your lap. damn man, thats a quit impressive story. gives me good hopes. F.B.G.M. that actually made me lol. Thanks for that Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100 Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout
ineeDBass419 Posted October 14, 2011 Report Posted October 14, 2011 I'm kinda in the same boat,but she just has to move far away.one thing tho,alcohol does not help the situation it makes it worse.you may think it would help but then you start thinking about it and that's all you think about.but like others have said in here,hang out with some friends,work on your car.I saw you said one of your buddies is tryn to get you a job.that would help a lot,as long as you would be busy.start to plan a rebuild if the job comes through.but like I said don't turn to alcohol it will only make things worse.and good luck with the job.things will get better for you with time xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420 Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?
smokeumtires Posted October 14, 2011 Report Posted October 14, 2011 Same just happened to me, 4 years, and caught her cheating. I don't talk to her anymore... It's difficult but good friends and WORKING help, idle mind time is when shit gets into your head. Stay busy. Oh and beatin the shit outta the guy you catch her with till your knuckles bleed more than his face makes you feel better.... But trust me it doesn't make anything better... I know for a fact
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.