Second Skin Audio

Box for JL 13W7

I have a friend with a full size pickup who has one of the seats folded down in the back with a JL W7 on it.

He has a nice sub, with a nice amp (T1500-1bdcp) but he continues to blow the sub up.

At this point, its in a 4.5 cubic foot box tuned to ~32 hz with like 9.36 port area per foot.

He is feeding the sub around ~1500W RMS, I know these are designed to handle somewhere around that, but AFAIK these subs will also do well on ~1000W

I'm looking to design a new box for this sub, can anyone add some insight on what kind of tuning I should be looking at and around what size would be good ?

I can face the port and sub up or toward the rear(currently faced toward rear).

Not sure, looking for anyone who has any kind of experience on how I should able to run this sub without blowing it up again, What size box could / would anyone suggest and what size port (or port area) should I be looking at ?

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts

i think 4.5 cubic ft is too big for that much power i would do 2-3 cubic ft box tuned to 30-35hz and more port area instead of 9 per cube do like 12

Ok, I was actually thinking the same thing, I was thinking 3-3.5 cubic foot though tuned to around 31 though.

If I was looking to feed it less power, more around 1000W RMS, what do you think I should be looking at size and port wise ?

Edited by jeffm4688

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts