I live in las vegas just went last week to so cal to get my truck painted flat black he used sem hot rod flat black paint i picked it up at night so i couldnt inspect it that well he said their was some over spray but would come out after wet sanding 4-5 days later so i tried to wet sand it yesterday 1500 grit sanding paper clean water lil bit of soap i started to do the front right fender being really carefull and barly putting presurre when all of a sudden paint comes off i stopped water drys up and the fender looks like shit! Now my wholr front left fender looks crapy and i dnt want to drive all the way to cali again!

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

I live in las vegas just went last week to so cal to get my truck painted flat black he used sem hot rod flat black paint i picked it up at night so i couldnt inspect it that well he said their was some over spray but would come out after wet sanding 4-5 days later so i tried to wet sand it yesterday 1500 grit sanding paper clean water lil bit of soap i started to do the front right fender being really carefull and barly putting presurre when all of a sudden paint comes off i stopped water drys up and the fender looks like shit! Now my wholr front left fender looks crapy and i dnt want to drive all the way to cali again!

WOW that blows. If possible try to order some of that paint online or find it locally and rent a booth and spray it over.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

If its just the fender you could probably do it in your garage if you have the necessary tools.

But I've heard that its hard to respray a part to match the car due to the way the whole car was originally sprayed: mix ration, temp, cfm etc...

I say you have the shop that sprayed it warranty their work and pay for you to drive back.

Either way, Good Luck!

Also

Post up some pics bro so we can see what the problem is.

i live in socal now these days people do shitty jobs its hard to find people that take pride in their jobs

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

That freaking sucks bro. I remember buying a car at night and the next morning I saw a crap load of scratches and dents i couldnt see at night. It sucked.

Im sorry butits all ur fault.... u should beusing at LEAST 2000 grit, I would prolly start with 2500, and wetsand with a little soap

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

That really does blow man, but on a positive note flat black is super easy to match! Pics would be good to determine if you sanded too deep or if it was a shitty job to begin with! Good Luck man!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

• 2 weeks later...

If the paint just came off regardless off the grit used, prep work was for shit! If you can see original paint color, that means no sealer was used, which is something you need if doing a complete color change, not just blending and clearing.

Being as it is a flat paint, its most likely a single stage, another reason it could peal off of original color without sealer.

I would contact the painter and ask if he used sealer, if not, it will be a pain to respray. Because you will be chasing the feather edge so you dont have imprints from the damaged areas.

If he did use sealer, get the left over paint mix to the 4:1 ratio required ( 4 parts paint: 1 part activator) if too thick add 1 part reducer. When touching up the area use light coats, starting in the damage area and moving out every coat a couple inches until area is uniform and smooth. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, use heavy coats, the area will look darker than the rest of the truck!

Hope that helps!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring