Second Skin Audio

Which should I buy?

SpawnZ

yeah i got the tuning all kinds of fucked up on mine lol came out eith 5.29in per square lol i guess im beter with bigger boxes than i am with small ones

lol your numbers would agree with you. how did you design yours?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

sorry to threadjack, but if y'all would take a sec to check out my facebook page: Ground Pounder Customs

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

just threw some numbers together and it sounded good in my head then i checked it on torres after i downloaded it lol

hahh i have to give you props for doing this in your head

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Holy shot... This thread turned into 5 pages of not very good advice, laced with 1 or 2 almost good suggestions.

Telling someone to wire down to .5ohm on that electrical is just crazy (that's what you get if you wire each sub to 1ohm like you said) then designing him a box with like 4 sq. inches of port per square. I'm not trying to be mean guys but the op has better options.

Look op, it doesn't matter what sub you get, if you have a bad box you'll never sound good or get loud. Pre-fabs might get loud, but the annoying loud that makes you want to cover your ears because the frequency is way too high. Most of us here like the lower bass, I can't drink a coke with my system on full blast because the vibrations make it fizz up while going down my throat haha. Don't get overzealous man, I highly suggest having a little patience and looking on the forum for a week or two before buying ANYTHING! And if you want a good box design hit up ram_designs or ray, their designs arnt free but they are professional and sound amazing

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Holy shot... This thread turned into 5 pages of not very good advice, laced with 1 or 2 almost good suggestions.

Telling someone to wire down to .5ohm on that electrical is just crazy (that's what you get if you wire each sub to 1ohm like you said) then designing him a box with like 4 sq. inches of port per square. I'm not trying to be mean guys but the op has better options.

Look op, it doesn't matter what sub you get, if you have a bad box you'll never sound good or get loud. Pre-fabs might get loud, but the annoying loud that makes you want to cover your ears because the frequency is way too high. Most of us here like the lower bass, I can't drink a coke with my system on full blast because the vibrations make it fizz up while going down my throat haha. Don't get overzealous man, I highly suggest having a little patience and looking on the forum for a week or two before buying ANYTHING! And if you want a good box design hit up ram_designs or ray, their designs arnt free but they are professional and sound amazing

that would be y i took my design down cause it was fucked up and wiring both subs down to 1 ohm is the rite thing to do seeing as the amp he has is a dual mono block and has 2 channels so explain to me how wiring each sub down to 1ohm then wiring them both to there own channel is going to take it down to .5 to the amp and like i said before i told him not to go with mine cause it was complete shit

I really do like CVX's box design, and I'm not purchasing anything right away, unless it would be this custom box. I wish I would've saw your box Hitman, I'm sure it would've been fine.

I do appreciate all the reply's though, everyone's been extremely helpful.

CVX, is there anyway I could pay you to build it for me?

Archived