Second Skin Audio

W7 quwstion

Marky_TRD

i got 2 13w7s downfiring in my 1999 suburban with a 1000 slash one on each and they is dropping real deep bass i bought a whole jl set up prior to being a member on this site and everybody that done heard my truck cant believe i got 2 13s cause they sound just as good as the treo and presicion power 18s if not better that everybody down here is running

We arnt saying the w7's can't sound good, or that they are bad. We are just saying that if you pay 500-600 for one your are getting raped in the ass. There is sooo much better for way better prices. But op if you like jl and you don't mind spending a ton of money on an average product, then by all means buy the jl stuff. But you just need to understand that jl is really not trying to market their products to us bass heads that know what's up! They are mainly just aimed towards ignorant people that want bass and have a fat wad of cash to pay $5k for a little 1000 watt system

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

So hold on.. I would use my subs for everyday use though. Like i see smd only demos for ppl nd at car shows etc. Would 2 18s lead to me popping my eardrums or would it be good for everyday use? And this would mean i need an amp any amp tht can give out 3,000 watts rms to one sub?

So hold on.. I would use my subs for everyday use though. Like i see smd only demos for ppl nd at car shows etc. Would 2 18s lead to me popping my eardrums or would it be good for everyday use? And this would mean i need an amp any amp tht can give out 3,000 watts rms to one sub?

no sir, and no sir. i'm going to refer to steve here yet again. Mr. Meade has 4 18's in his 'Hoe. i'd assume he as about 20k running to them, we can only assume that his hearing is fine, and he uses his mainly for daily use.

you'd be fine running about 2k to each sub. and that would be PLENTY. you will need some upgraded electrical though. High output alternator(s)and 2 or 3 batteries.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

spend more on your mids and highs.

Why spend more?

you can get some pretty nice shit for cheap from PE. Dayton Audio reference series woofers

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Just so you don't feel like it's the same person giving opinions. W7's, great sounding woofer. They cost way too much and in my opinion do not handle power that well. And those 1000/1's don't seem to be the most reliable either. Their stuff sounds good but doesn't like to get beat on. Even 2 of the old BTL's would crush some w7's at literally half the price. It's a no brainer. But like the others said, take some of that money you'll save and plan to throw it into some electrical upgrades, because all the woofers and amps in the world are worthless without power!

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Fi Q's FTW.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Archived