Second Skin Audio

Design for 2 FI Q 12's

412 CVX

Hey everyone, I came up with a little box design last night. the box is for 2 FI Q 12's like the title says (completely stock).

I felt like posting it here to get some opinions from everyone. also if anyone wants to use this design for themselves, i would be honored. just give me a link to your build log.

feel free to give me criticizm, opinions, etc.

some specs:

tuned to 33.8 Hz

3.85 ft^3

port is 14.5x4x28

15.07in^2 port area per cube

i'd post the spec sheet up, but tinypic takes forever and i don't have that patience right now.

anyways, enjoy.

Sketchup Model

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I'd use 2x2's for smoother air flow vs big old 2x4's. A flat 2x4 right behind the woofer isn't the best way to brace. More box volume wouldn't hurt either, if this is meant to be geared more towards low-end output.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

yeah i thought the 2x4 was a little big. i wanted to tune a bit lower, but i had already redone the port twice, laziness got the best of me lol.

the volume could have been bigger, but the guy i was designing it for was overpowering them a little bit, so i figured i'd go with a little less volume. but i was, yet again too lazy to correct it.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived