good option for the money?

One Way

Rather than start my own thread, I thought I'd throw this option out to you OP as I am considering trying these out...

...Aurasound 6.5 component set...

The 5.25" woofer variant of this set models really well in the specs...

...Here on MadiSound...

I might try them just cuz theyre cheap but my amp does 80 watts at 4 ohms..... Wouldn't want to overpower them and blow em, plus I've never heard of that brand

If you know individual drivers then you've heard of them.. Check out madisound and see what they carry from them... Lots of good drivers...

Don't worry to much about the amplifier output... Be responsible with gain settings and volume...

I currently have a Boston Acoustics GT2-125 and I think I'm gonna get these sets and if they don't work, I'll save some money to get something later on I think...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

If you know individual drivers then you've heard of them.. Check out madisound and see what they carry from them... Lots of good drivers...

Don't worry to much about the amplifier output... Be responsible with gain settings and volume...

I currently have a Boston Acoustics GT2-125 and I think I'm gonna get these sets and if they don't work, I'll save some money to get something later on I think...

Ye well it's definitely worth a try. Now the down side to setting my gains is tht my dmm broke and I suck at setting gains by ears.... Blown lots of speakers that way, so I don't even Wana try it by ear no more.

I tried to reply to ray on this thread to see how much he would charge me to set my gains with a dd 1 but he never responded.... So idk what to do =/

^^... lol I see :clapping:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Start from the lowest end possible... Usually counter clockwise ... And slowly go up .. I'd keep your head unit volume relatively loud so you don't cause issues when "showing off" ... So lets say if you unit goes to 35 go to 27-29 ... Then slowly creep up the gain and see how it sounds inside the car... Keep doing this to a "moderate" level for your listening habits.. Then to be "safe" I'd turn it down slightly from there...

Start from the lowest end possible... Usually counter clockwise ... And slowly go up .. I'd keep your head unit volume relatively loud so you don't cause issues when "showing off" ... So lets say if you unit goes to 35 go to 27-29 ... Then slowly creep up the gain and see how it sounds inside the car... Keep doing this to a "moderate" level for your listening habits.. Then to be "safe" I'd turn it down slightly from there...

U don't kno how many times I've tuned my gains tht way and I still seem to blow my mids and highs

If you buy four or more of those aura ones they are $50 :drinks:

Well I think if I were to waste 200+ on tht I might as well put tht money into good use and order up some better quality components, instead of 4 pairs of something I am Gina experiment with

I was thinking maybe going in halves with somebody.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Archived