Rainman215 Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 Looks good for the first time. Spray adhesive usually won't hold up with resin. If you used thicker would it may have worked better but with that thin stuff you didn't have any contact area. How are you fastening the console? My 02 Accord Wall Build 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500 Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R
mbdblue Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 not a bad console man. But you see the white parts? thats dry mat; or glassmat that isn't completely saturated with resin. you want to make sure all the mat is saturated which would make it appear relatively uniform in color. if you don't and start sanding it down, all the layers that have those pockets will be very thin and result in an uneven surface. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Twostrokeking Posted October 19, 2011 Author Report Posted October 19, 2011 not a bad console man. But you see the white parts? thats dry mat; or glassmat that isn't completely saturated with resin. you want to make sure all the mat is saturated which would make it appear relatively uniform in color. if you don't and start sanding it down, all the layers that have those pockets will be very thin and result in an uneven surface. Dang! Now I know for next time haha some of them even after I added a ton of resin just wouldn't go away My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Twostrokeking Posted October 19, 2011 Author Report Posted October 19, 2011 Looks good for the first time. Spray adhesive usually won't hold up with resin. If you used thicker would it may have worked better but with that thin stuff you didn't have any contact area. How are you fastening the console? It will just sit there haha My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Twostrokeking Posted October 21, 2011 Author Report Posted October 21, 2011 Today I Put bondo all over the fiber glass. I am saving for rage body filler but cash is a little tight right now and I cant afford it. The money i do have is going into my audio system. I couldn't wait for the filler so i did bondo (: haha here are the pics! please can i get some feed back on what i did good and what i did bad? The spot where there is no bondo is the area where the cut holders will go. Tomorrow i think ill get some 3" pvc and cut it to the right length for the cup holders. Thanks for looking! And give meh some feed back Sanding tomorrow.. I hate sanding. My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Twostrokeking Posted October 24, 2011 Author Report Posted October 24, 2011 I have taken tons of pictures and yet i can only find two. I don't know where they keep going but this really sucks. Anyways here is what's going on. In our camp trailer we had some cups that we never use. My dad said i could have them. They are wide enough to hold a 44 oz. So i'm good I cut the cups off and cut holes in the console to drop them in. I left the cups a 1/4" taller then the hole so i can work bondo around them and kind of slope it up to the cup holders if that makes sense. First I cut the cups with the Dremel. God Bless The Dremel Next I primed them with Rustoleum plastic primer. Then like i said i worked bondo around them and the holes in the console. I have it all sanded down at the top but the cup part still needs work. The top is flawless. Literally perfect. I think this will turn out nice. I'll take new pics tomorrow. Sorry I lost them PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Twostrokeking Posted October 25, 2011 Author Report Posted October 25, 2011 I skipped some pictures! I get Lazy (; Here It Is!!! DONE! Enjoy! Ill have pics of it in the truck when its completely dry. I don't want it to stick to my carpet. What do you think? My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Trigg Posted October 25, 2011 Report Posted October 25, 2011 Looks good! there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.
CaPRiCEx383 Posted October 25, 2011 Report Posted October 25, 2011 That came out really nice, But you are not gonna hold it down with anything? I can't do that with my driving but good luck lol 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
Twostrokeking Posted October 26, 2011 Author Report Posted October 26, 2011 That came out really nice, But you are not gonna hold it down with anything? I can't do that with my driving but good luck lol I am going to probably put a few strips of Velcro under it so it sticks to the carpet. (; I drive like there's no tomorrow haha My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.