Sonic Electronix

00'-01' Pontiac Sunfire Owners

For those of you who own a Sunfire or worked on one is necessary to remove the rear quarter interior panels just to get access to the 6x9's? Cuz I plan on replacin the pos 6x9's in my mother's car but it seems I have to remove the q.panels just to get to them.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

For those of you who own a Sunfire or worked on one is necessary to remove the rear quarter interior panels just to get access to the 6x9's? Cuz I plan on replacin the pos 6x9's in my mother's car but it seems I have to remove the q.panels just to get to them.

http://teamforwardmotion.com/tfmtech/j-body/audio/index.php

1. Lower the back seat, and remove the 4 clips that hold the plastic trim pieces to the rear dash.

2. Next, remove the 2 plastic trim pieces. To do this, pull them slightly toward you, and angle them toward the ground. The small clips that hold them in will pop out of place.

3. Pull the rear seat belts through the slots in the back deck, and then pull the slots inward a bit. This will allow the piece of rear deck that is under the sides to come free.

4. Now just start pulling, and jiggling it a bit. You may also need to bend the centre of the dash up slightly, being careful not to crease it. It will eventually slide out.

5. If you are trying to remove the rear speakers, simply push in the little clips that are facing you. You will need to disconnect the speaker wire connection. The factory speakers are held in by 4 screws. Remove those and the factory speakers will pop right out. The Rear Speakers Are 6X9's, but you can either make or buy adapters so you can use a component speaker system.

**** if you bend it up slightly in the middle and work out one side it should come out easy.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

**** if you bend it up slightly in the middle and work out one side it should come out easy.

That's how I always do it. The only time I don't is if it's really cold and I don't want anything to break, then I will take down the sides.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived