Second Skin Audio

Budget Build Opinions

So, I'm building on a budget, which is rather small. I'll be doing a lot of saving but what are your guys' opionions on 1 18inch Fi BTL fully loaded on a SAZ 3000? I'm in a 91 astro van and It doesnt like to let me hit the lows. I plan on building an 8 cubic ft net enclosure tuned at 30 hz. Regardless of the vehicle, do you think it'll shake your guys out? As long as it's loud and low I'm not that concerned about spl, I just want it to sound better inside the cabin. My main debate is 1 really good 18 or 2 average 15s..... either way I'm only runnin the sundown amp.

Saving for a 200 amp alt and a couple of big batterys currently, no way I'm hookin anything up without proper electical. Throw some ideas at me, anything you think will make it louder.

The equipment sounds good, but the box doesn't. Why 8ft^3? that like double the size your sub needs. I'm going to do a build with 2 18's soon and although the parameters of the subs I will he using have not yet been realeased, I'm almost sure my box will be 8ft^3-10ft^3 and that's two 18's

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

this whole box building thing really gets me :( Does the size of the box affect the tuning? I was always taught that, generally speaking, the bigger the box, the lower the freq extension without losing db. Doesnt a larger box make for a flatter freq curve too? This is why I like to ask :)

8 cubes is wayyyy tooo much lol

like said previous no more than 6 cubes, usually you only go bigger on box size with lower power situations, not 3k.

Why not two 15s? two lms-r 15s would get nasty low and 3k would be perfect for a pair

alrighty then.... I have 2 15s sitting around. they are nightshades with re sx motors and one blown coil each.... I have no idea how that happened but it's my best guess as to what happened before I got them. So new plan. Keep these 15s because I know they are rather loud. 6 cubes net at 32 hz or 37 hz? I really really want super low bass. I'll start building after I get a couple opinions. All my other boxes for myself have been epic fails in design and I'd rather not mess up again :/

I had an HCCA 15 in roughly 5 cubic feet tuned to 28 and it was really low but no so much loud... barely peaking 130 but about to shake my van apart. and that was only on a 2000 watt brutus. Also, the mid bass sucked big balls. It had less output at 50 hz than my single type R 12 in a tline.