BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

I like how you got you're bat and your overall build itself :D

Thanks man. Tryin my best...the new box will be oh so much sexier too, check back next week for more updates, and once new box is in, im gonna drop the brz down and see how it likes .5ohm....

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Well....sorry lettin this sit for awhile, been kinda hectic lately...

Anyways, the system has been up and running for a few days now, currently only running it at 2 ohm because I havent finished my big 3 yet...to occupied with other shit.....

Took out my ashtray and whipped up a plate to mount my voltmeter and its switch:

voltmeter2.jpg

voltmeter1.jpg

Came out pretty good, nice and clean...I like the switch so I can keep it off at night when Im not pounding..I hate bright shit in my eyes when Im driving.

Got all the wiring for the amps squared up as well:

smamp.jpg

Didnt have a fuse for the brutus, so I threw on this breaker I had laying around, I figure its better than nothing...0ga power and ground, 12ga AB speaker wire:

brzwiring.jpg

bigamp.jpg

I also got my door pods mounted up, they could have benefitted from a little more finish work, but they are still acceptable, to me they sound way nice than having the comp set mounted in the door...its hard to tell, but they are aimed up pretty well, i think that helped too..

podsmounted.jpg

Now I want to build full door panels for something...

For the time being, I am using the crummy ass box the SSA came with when I got it. Before we mounted the sub and threw it in my 7yr old son said we should paint it camo... so we did.lol.

camobox.jpg

Its far from ideal, not tuned right, and is to long to let my rear seats fold up, but itll do for the week until I can go get supplies to assemble its relacement...my work will be much nicer..I promise..

This is what I whipped up to mount all my power cables off the Kinetik, I like this better than an ass load of eyelets bungled up on the 1 post...

kinetik.jpg

i will be stealing this ideal! my battery is just sitting in the back and it takes up way to much space! props for this :clapping:

2001 vw gti

2 hds212s

4.75 net tuned to 34hz

audioque1200 wired to 1 ohm

nvx 0 gauge to the back

kinetic khc 2000

kenwood deck

I took a little bit of effort to get it in there like that, had to trim out that plastic piece, make a little tray for the battery out of angle iron, then i welded that bracket to the pinch seam behind that panel, and also bolted the frame to the floor as well with a spacer to make it sit level on the pinch seam. that size battery fits in the perfect and doesnt stick out any farther than the wheel well does. Thanks...

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Battery acid won't leak propped the way you got it will it?

Nope. Sealed AGM battery, mount that bish upside down and it still doesnt matter as long as you dont puncture it.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

im planning on going with a aq hdc3 18 in my 2000 Cherokee. are you planning on keeping your back seats?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

im planning on going with a aq hdc3 18 in my 2000 Cherokee. are you planning on keeping your back seats?

Sure am. Read the begining of build. One of my main goals is to keep use of rear seat and still fit this 18. details about new box will be coming soon, and I should hopefully start building it this weekend.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

should be pretty interesting to see who's louder. the box i'm looking at building is 6 cubic foot at 32hz

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

:peepwall: sorry just had to post here.

I designed him a box so he could keep his back seats 8)

7.5 cubes @ 30 hz

teaser.jpg

Judgement day is tomorrow. if he approves of the model, then i will be one happy mofo :lol:

hope you like it man! and good luck with the build!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived