Sonic Electronix

running amps in parallel mono?

hello everyone, i kinda want to experiment with something. i have 2 alpine MRP-500s each powering their own Alpine type R-12 which are in the same ported box. ever since i got a DD-1 i have been having terrible troubles with one of my amps. it wont show distortion ever. But i did match the voltage outputs of both amps and everything is working alright. but i feel like it would be a little louder with one large amp. and just easier in general to do. but since both of my subs are DVC 4ohm subs i need a pretty good sized mono block to get them at 1000watts at 4ohms. so i saw online that you can run amps in parallel and you can cut the lowest stable impedence level in half. my amps are 2 ohm stable and it looks like if i do that it will be 1ohm stable. are my amps even capable of this? and will it work well? any sugjestions or help with be appreciated. i cant seem to find much info on this topic..

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

whelp i feel stupid lol :P. that didnt even cross my mind for some reason. thanks for the info. i was more just curious on the whole parallel amp thing. but a nice 1 ohm stable amp will do the trick

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

Id recommend the aq1200d.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Archived