Design Help with a 1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab

scooter99

AHHHHHH SHIT!!! I messed around a little with sketch up today, and with the help of the internet to learn about it a little bit, here's what I've made.

I still don't know how to go about getting the Torress Calculator on the screen like you guys did, but here's what I've come up with. My numbers may be off, and that's why I'm posting this, but here's what I got!

This is for 4 Audioque HDC312's.

Gross Volume: 13.43 cu ft

Net Volume: 9.83 cu ft

Box is 64" x 24" x 18"

Port Volume: 1.35 cu ft

Port Area: 99 cu in

Port Height: 16.5"

Port Width: 6.0"

Port Length: 20"

Tuning Frequency: 32.17 Hz

Now, again, I'm not sure if this is correct or not, or what, but I decided to go with it. This is for the blow through using the truck box that I have. The idea would be to build a box inside the box. So there you have it. Now onto the Sketch Up pics.

I designed two models, cause of bracing. I designed a first model using two wall between each pair of subs but not going all the way back to the back wall. I did not put as much detail into this model as I did the next. I really liked the way the second one was looking so I went a little further on the details.

Box 1 with short walls:

TruckBlowThroughSketchUpWithBracesandHalfBraceWallsC.jpg

TruckBlowThroughSketchUpWithBracesandHalfBraceWallsB.jpg

TruckBlowThroughSketchUpWithBracesandHalfBraceWallsA.jpg

Box 2 with full walls:

TruckBlowThroughSketchUpWithBracesandFullBraceWalls.jpg

TruckBlowThroughSketchUpWithBracesandFullBraceWallsc.jpg

TruckBlowThroughSketchUpWithBracesandFullBraceWallsB.jpg

So what do you guys think. It's my first actual enclosure built with sketch up. Do I need the full bracing walls? Or am I ok with the half bracing walls? Are my numbers ok? What should I change and which direction if any? Thanks guys!

You can. Just take some time to research it. I couldn't until yesterday. Download google sketchup, google "how to make a sub enclosure on google sketch up" and blamo, you got it! Just takes some time to figure it out. I know I'll make another one when I have time, and I'll incorporate some of the other things in the truck box that are not on here. May also do one with 15's in it and see what that gives me.

Ok so here are some sketch ups of the truck box itself. I'm trying to figure out how to build the enclosure inside the box, but I'm having problems with layering. So I may have to build it separately. Here you go!

With Measurements (all sides are 1/8" thick.

NewSubBoxDesignTruckBoxWithMeasurements.png

Upper side view. The opening has a 1" wall that comes up from it as well, I just had some problems with that as well. Then of course the lid.

NewSubBoxDesignTruckBoxWithOpentopb.png

Upper Rear View. This is the side that you would see if you looked in the bed from the tail gate.

NewSubBoxDesignTruckBoxWithOpentopRearView.png

This is the side that will go towards the cab. I couldn't enclose it for some reason. But whatever I'll figure it out later.

NewSubBoxDesignTruckBoxWithOpentop.png

So, according to measurements, I should have about 19 cubes available in this box. Can someone please check my math:

64w x 13t x 29d = 24128 This is the top part of the box, above the angles.

55W x 5t x 29d = 7975 This is the bottom part not including the angles.

Not sure how to figure out the angles, honestly! The difference is 5" between the top and bottom, and the extension is 4.5" from the end of the bottom to the side. Wouldn't I just take that and square it up for both sides? So I'd have 4.5w x 5t x 29d = 652.5.

So then I've got the first two totals 24128 + 7975 = 32103

Divide that by 1728 (32103 / 1728) = 18.57 cu ft

Now if the angles are correct, that's 652.5 / 1728 = .377 cu ft.

Gives me about 19 cu ft correct?

I don't think I'll be able to use the whole box, It would be a bitch to build it inside the box, but never the less it may be possible. I'm assuming that I would need to build an enclosure out of wood inside this thing wouldn't I? I couldn't just leave it metal right?

However, I do have to decide what I'm going to do for subs. Originally, you saw above, I did 4 - 12's. Then I got to thinking about 2 or 3 15's. Well then I thought about the thought of many drivers and thought to myself, what about 10 - 8's? I've got the width. You figure about 8.5" per sub face, and if I go two levels (remember I only have 18" of height) then I've got 5 wide. 5 x 8.5 = 42.5 leaving me about 21.5" for a vent and other things.

So if I do that, I may go back to the Alpine Equipment. However, if I stay in the 12" or 15" range, I'll have to decide what to go with. I've emailed DC Audio for some pricing, as well I've priced out AQ equipment, and I've looked at the SMD Subs as well.

So what does everyone think? How many subs, what size, and what about my air space math? Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks!

Alright guys, I've all but decided what I'm going to do. I just need to get a little help on one last thing. I need to figure out how strapping works and what ohm drivers to get. If I strap two amps together I'm down at 2 ohms. So how do I figure out how to get a 2 ohm load on 8 dual vc subs? Or do I not strap them and run 4 subs on one amp and 4 subs on the other? :trippy:

I'm planning on running 8 Sundown SA-8's or the new version 2's. Dual 1's or Dual 2's I'm not sure.

I'm either going to strap a pair of AQ3500.1's or run them separately. Another option is to go sundown amps, and run dual SAZ-3500.1's or something else. Depends on money.

4 - 6.5 AQ Pro's up front in each door

2 - AQ Supertweets up front in each door

2 - 6.5 AQ Pro's in each rear door

1 - AQ Supertweet in each rear door

Still have to decide on power. AQ only has 90x4's and the Sundown has 100x4's. So I may end up going sundown and getting the extra power.

So all I have to do now is figure out the stuff in the first paragraph and I'll be decided and start buying products.

I would run 4 subs on one amp and 4 on the other. The only wiring option is daul 2 coils on all subs and creates a large series chain which isnt as efficient as what you can do by using each amp on its own bank of subs.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived