Tank's Very Low Budget S10 Build Log

Those wheels compliment that truck nicely. Pics after you get the visor on, I've always liked visors on certain trucks and oldschool s10's are one of them.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

yeh one problem is the 86-93 s10s are more narrow than the later versions. idk how ill be able to fit speakers in but I'll figure out something. I want to find out some way to make them fit

the perfect size for a box in my truck is 49" just like you're making your box. I fit two twelve" level 3's ported behind my seats and hit 144.4 on 1500 rms. So good luck with your ventures.

I meant the dash would be a lil more narrow but I get what your saying. I would've used normal sized subs if I had an extended cab but I'm stuck using slim mount

yeh one problem is the 86-93 s10s are more narrow than the later versions. idk how ill be able to fit speakers in but I'll figure out something. I want to find out some way to make them fit

the perfect size for a box in my truck is 49" just like you're making your box. I fit two twelve" level 3's ported behind my seats and hit 144.4 on 1500 rms. So good luck with your ventures.

I meant the dash would be a lil more narrow but I get what your saying. I would've used normal sized subs if I had an extended cab but I'm stuck using slim mount

Haha yeah, I'm just the slim part of my installs. Loud single cabs are a pain.

Those wheels compliment that truck nicely. Pics after you get the visor on, I've always liked visors on certain trucks and oldschool s10's are one of them.

Thanks man. Thats part of the reason why I bought them. they offset the tires really nicely too. plus it also helps that it was a deal that I couldn't pass up. full set of camero aluminum rims for $60... done lol. and yeh I definitely will take pics after I get the visor on. I'll hopefully have it on tomorrow as long as the weather holds up enough for me so I can paint it. its blue right now and I need it to be black. I also just ordered some LED's for it so hopefully they come in a couple days so I can wire them up

Visor is all painted up. just gotta let it dry and then its ready to be put on. I'm going to let it dry for a few hours and let it fully cure while I sleep because I still havnt been to bed yet and its almost 8am. but hopefully I will have the box all put together by the end of the day. don't know if Ill have the holes cut in it for the subs since I dont have a jigsaw yet but I'll figure it out... might have to go to walmart and pick up a cheap one, use it, then return it lol

1021110720.jpg

Visor is all painted up. just gotta let it dry and then its ready to be put on. I'm going to let it dry for a few hours and let it fully cure while I sleep because I still havnt been to bed yet and its almost 8am. but hopefully I will have the box all put together by the end of the day. don't know if Ill have the holes cut in it for the subs since I dont have a jigsaw yet but I'll figure it out... might have to go to walmart and pick up a cheap one, use it, then return it lol

1021110720.jpg

Wow...sad part is I'd doo the same thing lmao. :D

i like the truck

and as for the subs..ehh..yes they r cheap..but when in a proper install anything can be loud/sound decnt

i did a install for a local guy in his 02 f150 ext cab used 4 of the same shallow mounts u have on a kenwood 1800watt amp..in a larger than spec ported box i made..and i tell u what them bitchs hammerd..n they have been holding up well for gosh..8 months or so

Archived