hi guy,

just curious, how do u mod up a diesel engine?

for normal petrol engines, open pod + exhuast + piggy back will give a nice nice boost. but how abt diesel engines?

read somewhere that diesen engines don work on the air fuel ratio thing or someting.

anyone care to share?

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

what kind of truck is it and what year? i know with the new ones with a chip an intake and exhaust on the new duramax diesels are runnin 750 horses.

don laugh

its a pussy mitsubishi L200 ( think u guys call it the Mighty Max).

its the 2007 model.

2.5L Turbo diesel.

just hoping for a boost in some performance. heheh

Shok Industries

with all do respect guys!!!! i would definately wait for Kev to reply..... but for starters i have heard him mention dieselregistry.com ;)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

what kind of truck is it and what year? i know with the new ones with a chip an intake and exhaust on the new duramax diesels are runnin 750 horses.

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but a chip, exhaust and intake will not give any diesel 750hp. Considering these trucks are advertised to have 365 at the crank...stock, how is a chip going to double the hp. Not gonna happen.

headshok - here is where I would start. If you can find out if the motor is direct injection or common rail injection then I'll see what I can get you. If it is direct injection, you can get a good boost of power by simply getting a matched/honed set of injectors. Second, is this motor computer controlled? I am not to aware of this motor but if it is not, then you can close down the wastegate on the turbo, put on a directed air intake and at least get a little more boost out of it.

Lastly, something that will affect you drastically. Aren't you located in Singapore? What are the laws in your area surounding stuff like this? Here in the states, we still have to have emissions (Opacity testing). So that really does limit what kind of add-ons that you can put on your vehicle, unless you want to take the parts on and off every year..lol

To answer your question on the A/F ratio. Yes, diesels still have an A/F range that they need to be within. But the range has a higher tolerance on these engines. Mainly because fuel is being compresses vs burned (yes i know some diesel have glow plugs, but they DO funtion different than sparkplugs, heating the fuel not burning it). Diesel will take what fuel it can not burn and usually recycle it out the tailpipe, to keep the A/F within it's range However, the more air that is injected, the more fuel it can burn. Keep in mind as well that the more fuel you inject, the higher the Exhaust Gas Temperatures, which can lead to an engine melting down. So there really is an art to adding safe power to diesels. Please don't hesitate to post up any questions that you have...as myself and others will do what we can to help you out.

kev

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

don laugh

its a pussy mitsubishi L200 ( think u guys call it the Mighty Max).

its the 2007 model.

2.5L Turbo diesel.

just hoping for a boost in some performance. heheh

Don't worry, you won't hear any laughing from me. I'll promote even the smallest, weakest diesel over a gas motor any day. If people only knew what diesels were capable of. I'm actually jealous that you have a mid-range diesel. I wish they would start putting them in more vehicles in the states. I'd love to have a little 2.8 liter cummins in a cherokee or tahoe...ohh yeah.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but a chip, exhaust and intake will not give any diesel 750hp. Considering these trucks are advertised to have 365 at the crank...stock, how is a chip going to double the hp. Not gonna happen.

headshok - here is where I would start. If you can find out if the motor is direct injection or common rail injection then I'll see what I can get you. If it is direct injection, you can get a good boost of power by simply getting a matched/honed set of injectors. Second, is this motor computer controlled? I am not to aware of this motor but if it is not, then you can close down the wastegate on the turbo, put on a directed air intake and at least get a little more boost out of it.

Lastly, something that will affect you drastically. Aren't you located in Singapore? What are the laws in your area surounding stuff like this? Here in the states, we still have to have emissions (Opacity testing). So that really does limit what kind of add-ons that you can put on your vehicle, unless you want to take the parts on and off every year..lol

To answer your question on the A/F ratio. Yes, diesels still have an A/F range that they need to be within. But the range has a higher tolerance on these engines. Mainly because fuel is being compresses vs burned (yes i know some diesel have glow plugs, but they DO funtion different than sparkplugs, heating the fuel not burning it). Diesel will take what fuel it can not burn and usually recycle it out the tailpipe, to keep the A/F within it's range However, the more air that is injected, the more fuel it can burn. Keep in mind as well that the more fuel you inject, the higher the Exhaust Gas Temperatures, which can lead to an engine melting down. So there really is an art to adding safe power to diesels. Please don't hesitate to post up any questions that you have...as myself and others will do what we can to help you out.

kev

yo man!

thanks for the info man! very helpful indeed

if i'm not wrong, the truck in a common rail engine.

here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_L200

as for the emission problem thing, here's the thing: for new vehicles, the first 3 yrs u do not need to have any sort of inspection. so its pretty ok to screw ard with ur engine.

aniway, it seems that diesel engines are hard to mod eh.

ok assuming, is it possible to add on a unichip into the ecu and tune it for a bit more power? Or watever works on normal cars wont work on a diesel engine?

THanks man

Cheers

Shok Industries