Second Skin Audio

whats the between damp damp pro and alpha damp ?

Overall thickness and foil thickness.

Alpha Damp specs:

60mils total thickness

10 mil foil

50 mil butyl adhesive

Damp Pro specs:

80mils total thickness

6.5 mil black foil

73.5 mil butyl adhesive

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

So damp pro is the best than alpha damp then damplifier?

I was told alpha damp is best. What I am getting..... Installed some in a friends colbalt ss. And it makes a huge difference...

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

plus for the average person, you only need 25% coverage with alpha damp.

Told for most trunk cars. To just do the flat parts of the trunk. Not to worry about the roof inside unless subs are firing into the car. Then doors if they are not stock..... Amazing stuff. Can not wait to get mine....

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Ok so alpha is the best. Bass head what are you getting?

Alpha. For the price and the amazing results of their products. I did not look anywhere else....

From my understanding it goes

1. alpha

2. damp pro

3. damp

^ BINGO

Remember, overall thickness of a product does not necessarily dictate the quality or performance of it. The constraining layer (i.e. foil) has a lot to do with how a product performs.

I would rather have a product like Alpha Damp which is only 50 mils thick but has an insanely strong foil, over literally every 80mil or thicker product out there because nobody beefs up the constraining layer.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png