just to add with what audio-concepts said, Ive seen a couple detailers (and Ive done it myself) use a spray bottle full of water to gently spray while they are buffing with a Dewalt. iirc, they told me it made less of a chance to burn through. :shrug:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

just to add with what audio-concepts said, Ive seen a couple detailers (and Ive done it myself) use a spray bottle full of water to gently spray while they are buffing with a Dewalt. iirc, they told me it made less of a chance to burn through. :shrug:

You can do this or use the quick detailer spray wax!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Depending on your budget, I'd say your best bet for a beginner would be a random orbital. I use the Griots with 5" hydr-tech pads. For simplicity sake, I'd recommend using the tangerine pads with some Meguiars 205 polish.

Wash with a heavy concentration of Dawn dishsoap to remove wax. I use a microfiber mitt and soak the whole car down with suds to start a nice soak before washing the whole car. Do from the body seam up and then go back and do rockers and bumpers. Use two buckets with grit guards to keep from doing further damage to the paint. Also use two buckets grit guards and microfiber EVERY time you wash. Then dry blowing out all cracks, emblems and crevices ect.

This video is awesome for explanation.

Claybar. I like the Mothers kit you can buy at any auto parts store. It has a nice gentle clay and it smells like cinnamon which is the tits.

Tear each claybar in half, flatten to the size of a golf bal. Lots of spray, GENTLY rub the clay back and forth one panel at a time and wipe dry. Then go to the next panel.

Tape off all trim and mirrors ect with painters tape.

Spritz your pad with a couple sprays of detailers spray and then add 3 small dime sized dots of polish on the pad. Before turning on the polisher, press the pad onto the paint in a few spots to prevent polish sling. Put polisher ON THE PAINT BEFORE YOU TURN IT ON.

Do a 24" X 24" spot at a time and do 3 passes. One pass consists of side to side, down with about 1/3rd of a pad overlap, repeat. Then up and down = 1 pass.

Spray a couple spritzes on the polish and wipe clean with a good clean microfiber. I use Meguiars M34 for wipe off.

Move to another spot and repeat until you have covered the whole car.

Wash again with heavy concentration of dish soap. Dry well, blow out all cracks ect. I use a leaf blower for this.

Apply 3 coats of a good quality wax, do tires with a water based tire gel such as the Optimum Tire Gel and enjoy.

IMG_1545.jpg

TB007.jpg