Jump to content
DC Sound Lab

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I wasn't intentionally trying to start a VS topic so I should've worded it differently. I upgraded from a 500bd to a 1.2k on 2 level 3 D4 10's thinking I would get a noticeable difference. I just wanted to see if it being stock electrical would be holding that amp back. Not rying to bash any names as I am a big fan of both. Just wanted to see what others experiences were with the 1.2K.

Thanks

DSK WhyteOut

Posted

how do you set your gains? there should be a difference. also some stock electrical cant handle even 1200 rms so voltage drop could be something too.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Well he decided to rip everything apart and start over, so I will have to wait until tomorrow when he finishes to go do more testing but we added an Kinetic HC800 and will see what happens. We'll let you know. Thanks

DSK WhyteOut

Posted

I had an older t1000bd and switched to a 1.2k. I did gain a bit of power but the biggest difference was how much more efficient the dc amp was. I had some voltage drop with the rf but with the dc, none at all. It seems the dc didn't need to draw as much voltage to maintain the power.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1141 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...