DC Sound Lab

What causes this and is it fixable?

I sold my DC LVL3 12s to a friend he has had them hooked up in a box I built for a couple years now (I know they are out of warranty). Anyways he called me the other day saying the subs were sounding really weird and barely hitting. Evidently the sub below disassembled itself and pulled the positive and negative out of the push downs which caused the other sub to play in the box built for two now it sounds distorted even in a single 12 box. I have not had time to test the other sub myself. I am just curious as to what causes this and is it repairable?

2011-10-20_20-45-38_341.jpg

2011-10-20_20-45-44_916.jpg

2011-10-20_20-45-50_171.jpg

Rebuild coming soon

Wow.. top plate came off. Not sure if its fixable probaly not unless you get a new motor and a recone. Probably be cheaper to buy a new sub

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Wow.. top plate came off. Not sure if its fixable probaly not unless you get a new motor and a recone. Probably be cheaper to buy a new sub

well couldnt he just buy a motor and put the whole basket and cone assemply on it after removing the old top plate?

No cause you have to bolt the basket to the motor and that's under the spiders that are ca glued to the basket. So he would haive to cut out spiders and take out cone and coil to do it

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

well couldnt he just buy a motor and put the whole basket and cone assemply on it after removing the old top plate?

Double post fail sorry

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

No cause you have to bolt the basket to the motor and that's under the spiders that are ca glued to the basket. So he would haive to cut out spiders and take out cone and coil to do it

ahh ok. well thats a bit of a downer.

you just need a recone and a new motor...

but should get another recone for the other, to make sure they match up, and not 1 being old and 1 being new..atleast, thats what i would do

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

but should get another recone for the other, to make sure they match up, and not 1 being old and 1 being new..atleast, thats what i would do

well buying a new motor and a recone, he might as well just buy a new sub.

well buying a new motor and a recone, he might as well just buy a new sub.

still cheaper to buy the motor and recone, than it would be to buy a new sub... baskets are still a decent price LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones