Sundown Audio

ap 1500 x2 or3k

DCmagnum

if you have the electrical, you can run the ap3k lower than 2 ohms bridged

If you have the electrical you can run the 1500's below 1-ohm too.

where did you hear this from?

but if you can get 2 ap1500s lower than 1 ap3k then i would go for the the 1500s

but i cant remeber if the ap1500 has 0 gauge inputs?

oh, you could run the ap3k at 1 ohm on each speaker input which to me is essentially running a 1500 x2

Ap1500 has 4-gauge inputs, the 3000 has single 1/0 since it's essentially running power to two 1500's.

Speaker inputs on the 3k are internally wired in series so each channel at 1-ohm would be 2-ohms final on the board. But this is exactly right, go for the cheaper option. Gain matching and running multiple bass knobs and taking up more space for mounting two cases would be the real cons of two Ap1500's if these are the two options.

Not a big Audiopipe guy, but I have looked into them before for some "cheap" power.

you're right, you can run them both lower, and price is also a factor here.

if you was to run 2 1500's, you can get one os those distro or splitters? from 1/0, input, to two 4 awg, output.

im looking into creating a way to run 2 amps, such as the ap's that has the gain knob input of a mono 1/8th inch headphone jack, with one Knob by getting a splitter or cutting the wires on one knob and soldering a plug on it.

this is to eliminate the 2 knobs needed and not having to buy the PAC LC1

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

^^^ Good idea. I am actually testing out a buddy's Ap1500 in my car that he ordered for his home towers i'm building for him and noticed it had an auxiliary input for the remote. I was like lolwut. Haha

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I've installed a ton of AP amps, I will say the AP3000d reliability is 50/50. They'll go poof for no reason at all some times. Every AP1500d and 1800d I've installed put out plenty of clean power and handle abuse well. The AP30001 is a bit iffy, I think I may be done suggesting the 3000ds, they are cheap and make big power but I like a little dependability. I will never run one in my personal vehicle however, I'll pay for quality all day long. But i do like using the 1500ds and 1800ds, they are great amps.

EDIT: I wouldn't run a 1500/1800D any less than .7 ohms and I wouldn't run the 30001D less than 1.5ohms. Your just trying to blow them then, period. Don't argue with me either, just don't do it. Go buy sundown or a real brand if you need to go lower than what it was meant for. These amps are cheap and powerful, but they're no superman.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

^^^ Good idea. I am actually testing out a buddy's Ap1500 in my car that he ordered for his home towers i'm building for him and noticed it had an auxiliary input for the remote. I was like lolwut. Haha

haha

yea it weird, but i went to radioshack and all they had were splitters for

female AUX stereo input -> 2 male stereo out....

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

is tht local or online

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

Just get the 3k, its two internally strapped 1500s. I had a sponsorship from Audiopipe but it went south with the first order and they refused to help me so make sure where ever you order it the place has a good warranty (not that you'll need it) for the price of these amps there.bulletproof. with a really good electrical can do .5 burps if you roll it slowly and play 1 ohm bridged on music daily. It might go into protect but 4 seconds later its right back out without shutting the car off or restarting the deck. I really wish my sponsorship woulda worked with them but in the end it worked out best. Also if you get the 3k and you can sweet talk me I can tell you a trick to gain a solid DB per 3k no matter how many you run and not clip them

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

The AP 1500 has a odd bass knob ill give you that, the 3ks bass knob is standard headphone jack size but as cool as their bass knobs are they fail hard. Once you get to half gain on the knob turning it up anymore makes really no difference. That's why you should order the package module did like I told bff Larry too. There cheap and last forever and if god for bid you brake it, its just 15 bucks or so and can run as many amps as you want. But whatever you do NEVER buy a maxxlink trust me on that one

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Im gonna stick with the 1500s cause fir whatever reason 2 is 45$ cheaper then a 3k

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719