Need some staging help

jagblazer01

Ok with the wall in and playing finally I need to get some more out of my front stage to keep up with the woofer. I have a set of DynAudio MD142 midranges with a set of Sundown Audio NeoPro10s on the way and Selenium ST350s.

Currently I have my Dyn's in the dash where the factory tweets were. I need to redo my door panels so I was thinking, should I move them down with the 10 and tweeter or should I glass a pod for the pillars?

If I put them in the door with the 10 and tweet would it be a good idea to put a set of coaxs in the pillar? I am trying to get the most out of my front stage without spending a ton of money.

Ideas, suggestions? I'm open to idea's.

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Depends on whether they like to be played on axis or off-axis, i have not used them before so i can't really recommend doing something with them in any place at the moment. You might want to try them in various places and see where you get the best imaging at, mids can be area specific in how you place them and whether they like an on axis or off-axis set-up.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

what exactly do you mean by on axis or off-axis. Sorry but Im a noob when it comes to setting up speakers to sound good lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

I want to know the same thing.Im from the south and we all about the bass but I never got into figuring out the highs and now I'm trying to make sure I have them right for my build.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

On axis is when the speaker is pointed to you.

Off axis is when the speaker is pointed away and bouncing the sound off of the interior.

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/auto/esotec/tech_md142.htm

If you look at the chart you'll see the colored lines showing the curve of each axis - on axis, 30º off-axis and 60º off-axis and the one that is the flattest would be the 30º off-axis to the listener. So basically you'll want to point the speakers slightly away from the listener by 30º, now where you place them will be your own personal preference. But as i said you'll want to move them around and see where you like them best, with a speaker that is enclosed you'll have no problem holding them in place with a piece of tape to listen to to help you decide the best location for them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

On axis is when the speaker is pointed to you.

Off axis is when the speaker is pointed away and bouncing the sound off of the interior.

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/auto/esotec/tech_md142.htm

If you look at the chart you'll see the colored lines showing the curve of each axis - on axis, 30º off-axis and 60º off-axis and the one that is the flattest would be the 30º off-axis to the listener. So basically you'll want to point the speakers slightly away from the listener by 30º, now where you place them will be your own personal preference. But as i said you'll want to move them around and see where you like them best, with a speaker that is enclosed you'll have no problem holding them in place with a piece of tape to listen to to help you decide the best location for them.

ok that makes sense. Where they are now in the dash they are actually angled to face and reflect off the windshield which sounds very nice. So if I am getting this correctly, if I turn them around and face me but make sure they are at a 30 degree angle it should sound alright? Or do they need to not face me at all?

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

Archived