Second Skin Audio

(2) Kicker L7 15" Subs Placement

Depends....before any plans you need to talk about electrica...u running on stock electrical?

Yeah I have stock. So I'll need an extra battery?

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

Its recommended looks like all you really looking for is about 2000 RMS...so a littlw one in the back. Should be fine and also take a little more time to look at it options on subs and try looking for. 2 ohms so that you can run at 2 ohms it will be less stressing on ur electrical and of course an amp that does nce rms at 2 ohms to match

good choice on the switch. i have l7's curently and they sound like shit... they were free so who am i to complain

what do you have them tuned at?

if you are looking at a 1k kit, i would def look else where than kicker. I only run kicker, because I can get a great deal from locals. I.E 2 L7s for $200. working on a box build now. Putting them in a 96 ES300, and my middle armrest lets down. Also, kind of vented the deck a little.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

good choice on the switch. i have l7's curently and they sound like shit... they were free so who am i to complain

Yeah other people were saying the same thing it seems. So I guess learning from you guys is better than learning from experience since its a money issue.

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

i had l7s sealed and ported and i always liked how they performed. its in the box to a certain point.

the box does make a big difference. if you put the L7's in a nice box, they will definitely sound better than prefab. a buddy of mine owned a couple of L5 10's and he had about 900 rms to them in the trunk of his mustang. they shook the holy living sh*t out of his car, but they didn't sound very good at all and didn't hit the low notes very well.

i think in the right box, the SSD's will sound much nicer and get just as loud as the L7's.

hit me up if you need a box design! good luck :drinks:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I had an L7 12" before on a kicker zx750.1, it did ok, but then I switched to the sundown sa-12's granted its 2 subs and not 1, but they sound a lot better, and cleaner, and i paid less for 2 sundowns than I did the 1 L7.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals