Sonic Electronix

Its real simple Scooter.

The amount of runs needed from front to back are equivalent to the charging capabilities of your system. (Your alts)

Wire GuidelinesSay, for the hell of it... For every 150 amps of charging current, you run 2 runs of 1/0. One power, one ground. I run isolated grounds for piece of mind. Knowing that your grounds couldn't possibly get better than they are is nice. Run Oxygen free copper wire.

Amperage Draw: Don't beat yourself up over getting the math perfect. Call 1500 watts 150 amps. Call 3000 Watts 300 amps. So on and so forth. You'll always be safe doing this, as the current draw per 10 watts @ over 12 volts is a little less than 1 amp. You're basically adding in a little 'overkill' with this method.

When it comes to batteries, get the best.... and follow their guidelines. It'll put you at a great starting point. If you need more after following their chart, well... you can always adjust for that.

xspower_flyer-left.jpg

Alternators: Half your system's current draw. With the additional batteries that you're running, there's no need to have a 1:1 ratio of charging current supplied. Bass notes, unless in a competition setting, aren't consistent.

That being said... If you're running 6kw... I think you'd be alright running 3 D3100s and a 300 amp alt. You may not be steady at 15v, but the real goal is to keep it above 12 volts when it comes to daily. Competing is a whole different ballpark.

EDIT: There's always a little more to it, but this is like the spark notes version of it. I can't make it more understandable for someone who is just beginning to learn the concepts. You shouldn't have to pull a calculator out to know a ballpark range of where you're at and what you need

Edited by Blackedout

what about when they 2volt cells wired up to 18v LOL

make it bit harder, but i guess your right. hmm

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Its real simple Scooter.

The amount of runs needed from front to back are equivalent to the charging capabilities of your system. (Your alts)

Wire GuidelinesSay, for the hell of it... For every 150 amps of charging current, you run 2 runs of 1/0. One power, one ground. I run isolated grounds for piece of mind. Knowing that your grounds couldn't possibly get better than they are is nice. Run Oxygen free copper wire.

Amperage Draw: Don't beat yourself up over getting the math perfect. Call 1500 watts 150 amps. Call 3000 Watts 300 amps. So on and so forth. You'll always be safe doing this, as the current draw per 10 watts @ over 12 volts is a little less than 1 amp. You're basically adding in a little 'overkill' with this method.

When it comes to batteries, get the best.... and follow their guidelines. It'll put you at a great starting point. If you need more after following their chart, well... you can always adjust for that.

xspower_flyer-left.jpg

Alternators: Half your system's current draw. With the additional batteries that you're running, there's no need to have a 1:1 ratio of charging current supplied. Bass notes, unless in a competition setting, aren't consistent.

That being said... If you're running 6kw... I think you'd be alright running 3 D3100s and a 300 amp alt. You may not be steady at 15v, but the real goal is to keep it above 12 volts when it comes to daily. Competing is a whole different ballpark.

EDIT: There's always a little more to it, but this is like the spark notes version of it. I can't make it more understandable for someone who is just beginning to learn the concepts. You shouldn't have to pull a calculator out to know a ballpark range of where you're at and what you need

No need to make it any easier, makes perfect sense to me! I just emailed Mechman about a price on alternators and batteries. Thanks for everyone's help. It's making a bit more sense to me now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just too add on to this is there anything special you have to do to run 16 volt deep cycle batteries? Or higher I guess. Looking to get an DD M4 AND trying to give here as much as I can.

03 Wrangler Sahara

6" lift (5 inch suspension 1 inch body)

20" Boss Rims with 33" tires

Front and back bumper guards

4 3/4 ton winch

Kenne Bell supercharger with cold air

Full Exhaust

Pioneer mvh-p8200bt

Pioneer Components

COMING SOON...

3 12" Kicker CVT's

RF T1000.1BD

Just too add on to this is there anything special you have to do to run 16 volt deep cycle batteries? Or higher I guess. Looking to get an DD M4 AND trying to give here as much as I can.

There's a lot you need to do. You can't just throw 16v batteries in your car and have a '16v' system... If that's what you're asking.

Well yeah i kinda figured but never looked into it. Now that I'm getting into higher end installs its sounding like a better and better option. What all do you have to do and is it worth it?

03 Wrangler Sahara

6" lift (5 inch suspension 1 inch body)

20" Boss Rims with 33" tires

Front and back bumper guards

4 3/4 ton winch

Kenne Bell supercharger with cold air

Full Exhaust

Pioneer mvh-p8200bt

Pioneer Components

COMING SOON...

3 12" Kicker CVT's

RF T1000.1BD