2001 Ford Explorer Sport Build!

Is this your fist system?

Pretty much. Had a small "build" in my old truck. Just a couple of Kicker Comp 10's. But this is my first serious build, yes. :)

Not bad at all its better than what i had back then when i first stated my build. :good:

Thanks bro! My AQ's the only NICE equipment at the moment. Hopefully I have a pretty good Christmas this year though. ;)

At the moment I am using a Soundstream440.2. 440 watts rms bridged at 4 ohms. Hopefully in the near future I will be using the Soundstream DTR1.900. 900 watts rms at 1 ohm.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20683_Soundstream_DTR1900D.aspx

What amp are you going to use for those 15s

Cant wait to see it done

I can't wait to GET it done lol. Got some work done today getting some wood putty on the outside to clean up the edges and seal it off a little more. Not really worth pics right now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Haven't been too active on here so I thought I would let you all know what's up.

I recently found out I am going to be a father! Super scared, but super excited at the same time. So that has really been taking up some time in my life so everything else (especially car audio) has been slowing down.

BUT! I have gotten a few things done since the last time I posted on here.

1) Got my bass knob incorporated into my dash pretty nicely.

2) Got my amp mounted much cleaner than before. (Too embarrassed to post before pic lol)

3) FINALLY got some body filler on my box to clean up the edges and seal it completely.

4) Got part of my dash painted glossy black. Looks much better than before.

Posting some pics up tomorrow. I promise!

Until then, God Bless! :)

Got a few pics!

Finally got my amp mounted. Perfect? No. But it will do for now.

IMAG0183.jpg

Got my bass knob put into my dash. I like the way it turned out and how the colors matched pretty well.

IMAG0182.jpg

Before and after pic of part of my dash.

DSC_0161.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

And I got some bondo on my box to clean it up. In the process of sanding.

IMAG0178.jpg

Looks good man. Did you paint the dash or swap with older gen? Sorry I didn't see it above. I've got 3 of those bezels. One stock from my car without fog switch then two with the fog switch. I'm thinking of doing an ipad in dash with one of them.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Looks good man. Did you paint the dash or swap with older gen? Sorry I didn't see it above. I've got 3 of those bezels. One stock from my car without fog switch then two with the fog switch. I'm thinking of doing an ipad in dash with one of them.

I painted it. I still need to put a couple of coats of clear on it. Didn't turn out as shiny as I wanted it. I'll be watching your page for that ipad build log lol.

Just ordered two of these little puppies. I'm sure they aren't the greatest speaker out there but I am on a very tight budget. Just need a little kick up front. Let me know if this was a horrible mistake, or a smart, budget friendly buy. :)

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=292-406

the ipad build wont happen for a while man. ive gotta get one first lol. and thats pretty far down on the priority list. another tip i can give you with these trucks is that i was able to fit my 4 chan and currently small sub amp under the back seat with gained me about an inch of depth for my box. i had to remove the 4-8 bolts holding the bottom half of the rear seats in then pull back the carpet and there should be a big chunk of black plastic that goes beneath both seats. i had to remove that and cut the studs it mounted to off but for me it was worth it. mines a 97 but i doubt they changed it hardly at all. seeing as over half the interior is identical

edit. those speakers you ordered are 8 ohms also so youre not gonna get much power to them unless you bride the pair on your 4 chan and thats gonna lose your balance left n right. just a heads up

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Is this your fist system?

x2

You're doing an awesome job on your first. The important thing is that you get better and better each go round. You're off to an epic start :drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived