2001 Ford Explorer Sport Build!

Is this your fist system?

x2

You're doing an awesome job on your first. The important thing is that you get better and better each go round. You're off to an epic start :drinks:

Thanks a ton man! Really means a lot. It's a huge work in progress for sure but I'm loving every second of it.

the ipad build wont happen for a while man. ive gotta get one first lol. and thats pretty far down on the priority list. another tip i can give you with these trucks is that i was able to fit my 4 chan and currently small sub amp under the back seat with gained me about an inch of depth for my box. i had to remove the 4-8 bolts holding the bottom half of the rear seats in then pull back the carpet and there should be a big chunk of black plastic that goes beneath both seats. i had to remove that and cut the studs it mounted to off but for me it was worth it. mines a 97 but i doubt they changed it hardly at all. seeing as over half the interior is identical

edit. those speakers you ordered are 8 ohms also so youre not gonna get much power to them unless you bride the pair on your 4 chan and thats gonna lose your balance left n right. just a heads up

Thanks for the tip! I will have to look into that for sure. And I plan on ordering a couple more speakers if I end up liking these and wiring them together to get a 4 ohm load.

I got some beat finally!! :D

IMAG0189.jpg

A little shot from inside. It's a tall box.

IMAG0190.jpg

Unfortunately the box looks like crap in person lol. But it sounds great! I hate spray paint. I have no idea why I used it, but it was a mistake lol. But at least I finally got some bass in the exploder.

Nice job man, you could always cover the box in something if you wanted, but hows it sound!?

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Nice job man, you could always cover the box in something if you wanted, but hows it sound!?

It sounds delicious lol. It hits all the frequencies I wanted and then some. Gets pretty low already, and the subs are barely broken at all. Can't wait to get more power to them! Only pushing about 400 puny watts to them. But I am very pleased with the effeciency of these woofers.

Wow that box didn't seem so massive til you put it in the truck. What are the dimensions of that? Sorry if you mentioned it earlier. I can give you a couple tips for this truck if you need it. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of termlab or spl measuring device but I've been thru my explorer 3-4 times now lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived