2001 Ford Explorer Sport Build!

Wow that box didn't seem so massive til you put it in the truck. What are the dimensions of that? Sorry if you mentioned it earlier. I can give you a couple tips for this truck if you need it. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of termlab or spl measuring device but I've been thru my explorer 3-4 times now lol

Man I will take ANY and ALL tips thrown at me lol. I'm here to listen and learn bro. I don't think I ever did mention the dimensions of the box but it is; 35" Wide, 25" Tall, and 20" deep. Friggin huge lol.

is there any particular reason you didnt utilize the 41" width? i knew the box seemed narrow. you should try turning the box so the subs are facing the hatch and port up. i cant predict how it will effect the sound but it may be more aesthetically pleasing. im going to be doing a 2 15 build in my car next. i sold most of my equipment from my sig so right now im trying to make the best of what i have.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

is there any particular reason you didnt utilize the 41" width? i knew the box seemed narrow. you should try turning the box so the subs are facing the hatch and port up. i cant predict how it will effect the sound but it may be more aesthetically pleasing. im going to be doing a 2 15 build in my car next. i sold most of my equipment from my sig so right now im trying to make the best of what i have.

I didn't want to have anything too tight in there and I wanted to give myself just a little room on both sides for comfort. And as soon as I get a lot of free time and more cash, I'm gonna attempt a different box. This is just the beginning. :)

whereabouts are you located? ive got a box for 8 10s that would fit right in your truck :lol: the only bad thing with that box is that i built it to the max dimension i could in every direction and still be able to fit it in the back. its a pain in the ass to load and unload but fits like a glove once its in. my best from that box was 148.x db on a tl in the kick drivers window open at 48 hz on 3000 watts. but i really think that 2 15s is the way to build these and keep the box from being too monstrous. ive had 2 15 l7s and kinda wish i had kept them because i really think i could have gotten more out of them with a better box. but youre definitely doing great for your first build!! keep up the good work and dont be afraid to ask if you have any questions about this car. :drinks:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

whereabouts are you located? ive got a box for 8 10s that would fit right in your truck :lol: the only bad thing with that box is that i built it to the max dimension i could in every direction and still be able to fit it in the back. its a pain in the ass to load and unload but fits like a glove once its in. my best from that box was 148.x db on a tl in the kick drivers window open at 48 hz on 3000 watts. but i really think that 2 15s is the way to build these and keep the box from being too monstrous. ive had 2 15 l7s and kinda wish i had kept them because i really think i could have gotten more out of them with a better box. but youre definitely doing great for your first build!! keep up the good work and dont be afraid to ask if you have any questions about this car. :drinks:

I checked out your log about a week ago. Great stuff man. I'm jealous lol. I hope in the future I have quite a bit of free time on my hands to really put some time into this truck. Right now this is a "work on the truck twice a week at the most" kind of build. But anyway, I really appreciate it man! I hope to someday have a huge build like that 8 10's box. I'll be checking your log for updates as well for updates. Can't wait to see what comes next. (don't be shocked if I steal some ideas) ;)

Little Mids and Highs demo of the Explorer. Don't judge me on the sloppiness of my drivers side door. Trial and error lol. The mic I used is really quiet, so turn the volume up a little bit. Hope you enjoy! :) Let me know what you think!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html

How do you guys feel about this running my sub stage? Doesn't break the bank, and seems like a good name to trust. Power range is perfect and I've never heard anything bad about Hifonics before. Any different ideas or negative things about this amp I should be aware of? Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

What's guys! Haven't been on here at all for about a month. Just got a new job that takes up just about all of my time. And the weather has been pretty crappy here in Arkansas. BUT! Got some new gear. Santa got me a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D Amplifier. It sounds SO much better. Also, got the speakers wired up to the Soundstream 440.2. They also sound SO much better. Very, very loud. I'm gonna get a video soon once I get some time and some pics once I clean everything up.

Archived