Second Skin Audio

solo x 18" removal

DK99

Does anybody know of a video that explains how to remove and install the solo x18" thanks

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Why is a video needed? Just do it like every other heavy speaker

Im not worried about the weight. when you take the sub out of the box you have to take the cone out I think

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

na dude im sure its like any other sub

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

Dont comment on something the you obviously have no damn clue about.

OP-

Take the 4 nuts off of the 4 corners first. Then take out the 8 bolts. Now remove the cone(spair). Yes for those of you commenting without knowing what the hell you are talking about, the solo x has a removable cone assembly.

Once you have the cone assembly out you can now take out the 4 bolts left in the corners. After these are out you will have to drop the back plate down off the sub into the box and you will now be able to lift the basket and motor out of the box.

OP-

Take the 4 nuts off of the 4 corners first. Then take out the 8 bolts. Now remove the cone(spair). Yes for those of you commenting without knowing what the hell you are talking about, the solo x has a removable cone assembly.

Once you have the cone assembly out you can now take out the 4 bolts left in the corners. After these are out you will have to drop the back plate down off the sub into the box and you will now be able to lift the basket and motor out of the box.

Thanks for the help.. I was on the site and seen that you have to remove the cone I just did not want to screw up the voice coils or anything .... Thanks again

OP-

is it for security reasons or did they build it like that just to be a hassle?

Archived