Second Skin Audio

solo x 18" removal

DK99

that's why i like this forum very good info.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

i get that, but to have to disassemble it to unmount(and mount?) it? thats just a little much.

It's very simple to remove and replace the cone assembly, no alignment needed, just slides in.

I wish all woofers were like this.

Not quite. You have to make sure you tighten the bolts evenly or you will get coil rub. I had this problem with mine.

True, but it would be awesome and you know it not to have to fight the CA glue every time. lol

i get that, but to have to disassemble it to unmount(and mount?) it? thats just a little much.

It's very simple to remove and replace the cone assembly, no alignment needed, just slides in.

Not quite. You have to make sure you tighten the bolts evenly or you will get coil rub. I had this problem with mine.

True, but it would be awesome and you know it not to have to fight the CA glue every time. lol

Dont have to fight ca glue but you have to fight a dog shit coil and an over rated sub. I know kicker dropped the rating on the solo x 18 down to 3000w but I would be comfortable at 2500w max daily.

Dont have to fight ca glue but you have to fight a dog shit coil and an over rated sub. I know kicker dropped the rating on the solo x 18 down to 3000w but I would be comfortable at 2500w max daily.

I mean CA on other woofers.

And yes, it's good they dropped the rating.

• 3 weeks later...

While we are at it.... its good that i can place my question here .. i am upgrading from solo x 12 to solo x 18 in nissan sentra for whic i will be building a wall but i am worried about how to install it vertically i have seen many videos showing solo x 18 instaled in a wall but dont know how as it is 46 kg sub & mounting it is not an easy job ... so i was wondering if anybody had a clue on that or if someone has used some technique & saved his back from chronic ache unlike me....

Archived