So my boy has an 04 Volvo and has been having an issue that we can not figure out. I will try to keep this short and to the point.

The issue: When listening to the radio his bass will knock pretty good then will cut down a few DBs, its very noticable. If I had to guess it would be like a 48 and drop to like a 40. We dont loose all bass but the output goes down dramatically. The highs are not affected, bass only.

Troubleshooting that has been done:

Old amps had this problem...replaced the amp...still have the problem

Old HU had this problem...replaced the HU...still have the problem

Bypassed his Epic 160 (RCA directly to the amp)...still have the problem

New RCA from HU to sub amp...still have the problem

Voltage is reading a steady 14v

Pulled subs, checked coils and rewired...still have the problem

Checked amp ground, its a good solid ground. Bolt has no lock tight or any other compound on it prohibiting a good connection. Painted surface has been sanded smoot to bare metal.

Checked ground at the amp...removed it and reinstalled it...its in there tight.

Power is tight at amp, fuse and battery.

We are at a total loss here. He has an Epic 160 and a crossover inline before the sub amp but we have bypassed them both and still have the same issue so I have ruled them out. We swapped the HU for a brand new one that was identical and still no change...same with the sub amp and RCAs. I just have no clue where to start.

Also this problem just started out of the blue, there were no changes to the audio system when it started acting up. It had been installed for a long time before this problem occurred.

Any help would be great..we just need more minds working on this because we are all out of suggestions.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

tried swapping amps maybe? just throwing something out there lol

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

The only thing I can think of is voltage drop. Were you checking voltage at the amp? Otherwise i'm at a loss too

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

check your voltage before and after the fuse up front.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

can you run down a gear list? Factory amp still in use?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I had kind of the same problem the other day. I had a bad fuse on power wire from my front battery it was letting very little voltage through I replaced it and worked fine

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

2 DD3512s

1 Hifonics Colossus 3200D

1 Hifoincs Zues 80.4

Various mids/highs.

Optima blue top

stock alt.

I have not checked his voltage, another one of our friends has been doing most of the work since i live like an hour away. I think they have just been going off the voltage on the Epic160.

On the subs...again I was not the one to do it but I was told they were checked and rewired.

I should see him Sunday since we have a comp..so I will see what I can do. See I thought it was voltage issue as well because sometime..when he turns it down real low and maybe waits a few mins while we check shit out...when he turns it back up...it bumps for a while. The other thing is one time when he brought me the car to check out..I figured maybe a bad amp ground. By the end of the day he was bumpin pretty good...but he didn't get 5 miles before he texted me and said the shit happened again.

I will try what you guys are suggesting..but if anyone else has something to say post it up. Im making a list, lol.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I had kind of the same problem the other day. I had a bad fuse on power wire from my front battery it was letting very little voltage through I replaced it and worked fine

same thing has happened to me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High