Sundown Audio

i was always told port behind subs is a NO NO.

why did this work here?? only good for burps? how is it louder then subs and port back?

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

• 2 weeks later...

CIMG5496.JPG

CIMG5497.JPG

Gonna see how the v.2s like this box :)

Sadly one hole is slightly too small so I won't get to play with it tonight... but probably at some point tomorrow I will get to do so. Have to get home for the night tonight!

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

My frequency dropped a few Hz with the v.2 models in there -- likely due to the softer suspension on them. These also have a good bit more displacement so the effective box is smaller. So I may need to re-design the box and/or port a bit to really optimize these guys :)

Good news is I'm within a few tenths at the same power at a lower frequency so I'm very pleased. What I am looking for is a better max score when more power is applied due to significantly more suspension travel.

Another plus of the v.2 design is that I can add a single extra spider for SPL if I like as the bottom spider has no leads so it can easily be stacked on -- this idea failed in the v.1 (made one for TommyK) as I had to add TWO extra spiders as they came in packs. I think one extra would be useful in some SPL apps :) More testing to come with time on that + a newly designed SPL coil for this motor.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

1545_SA8s.jpg

We've found in our testing so far that the v.2s don't do as well at 50+ Hz in their current prototype state so I dropped v.1s back in on a 4500D @ 0.5 and 16v

Here is what we got so far ! Legal, sealed, on the dash.

(I will be building some revised v.2s soon to get everything in check for production)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

very nice Jacob! :)

I'm so in love with the sa8's... my girl Katie wants to do two or even four 8's in her s10 :)

i'm thinking four. lol

did you see our thread on Ricks' Explorer? two sa8" in an explorer and pulled a 150.7dB on a Sundown 3500 with stock electrical. hahahaha

edit: if you want me to test them out for ya... those four sa8 v2 you tested in the rex... you can send em up and i'll do a monster low end box for katie's s10. :)

she's still running that sa8 v1.99 lol AND LOVES THAT SUB.

Edited by PULSE CAR AUDIO