Sundown Audio

Base boost knob clipping indicator?

Mha

do these show realy clipping? I hav a dc 5k I have running at 2ohms. On an xl12 and set to 3/4s gains no boost on amp and just a normal hip hop setting on my ipod and stock head unit (bose)bass tured down also.And I cant seam to get it that loud with out the clipping light goin on. I bought the amp used so it might be the amp. am I to protective? In my yukon im running my kicker l7 on a hifonics hfi 2000 2 ohms wich is close to 1000 watts with the gains 3/4 up,knob all they way up base boost on ipod and 3+ bass out of 6 on the head unit. Am I clipping it probably but I just turn it down when it smells and I gave had it running like this for a year now and it still works.

do these show realy clipping? I hav a dc 5k I have running at 2ohms. On an xl12 and set to 3/4s gains no boost on amp and just a normal hip hop setting on my ipod and stock head unit (bose)bass tured down also.And I cant seam to get it that loud with out the clipping light goin on. I bought the amp used so it might be the amp. am I to protective? In my yukon im running my kicker l7 on a hifonics hfi 2000 2 ohms wich is close to 1000 watts with the gains 3/4 up,knob all they way up base boost on ipod and 3+ bass out of 6 on the head unit. Am I clipping it probably but I just turn it down when it smells and I gave had it running like this for a year now and it still works.

I would turn turn off any bass on the Ipod and turn the bass down on the head unit in the Yukon

Does the amp in the Yukon have bassboost if so turn it all the way down..

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Archived