Sonic Electronix

box designing and amp power

I just bought an AQ20 and had an AQ3500 before. My box is 5.9 per chamber kerfed ports tuned too 33 with 150sq inches of port for both ports. I play mainly decaf when I play them loud and today I got my amp tuned with a DD 1 so I was playing them real loud (mi casa Su casa by Gucci mane which I believe is 28 Hz by decaf on the low note) and my coil came out of the gap came back in crooked and shorted and fried my best guess? So I'm wondering if I should keep my box or have new one designed for me, my sub sonic is set around 25 Hz and clean signal nothin got warm at all it was real sudden and sent the amp to protect. My subs are 2 level 5 18s with reinforced surrounds extra spiders and carbon fiber dust caps.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Hopefully one of the pros could chime in on this one

Me too lol. I think for now me and the guy who built my box are gonna try to modify my port to lower tuning and put some bracing in it to shrink it down for now, see if that helps the cone control at all. I'm tired of waiting on subs to break in all the time lol. Even tho the last time was my fault cause I guess I clipped the signal.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Archived