Sundown Audio

amp placement

voxigenboy

is this a cool place for an amp?

theamp1.jpg

it's awesome right? .... ;)

well, i yanked the middle row of seats from the van & tossed em. there's no room under the 2 front seats or the rear bench seats. it was originally under the left-middle seat but of course, since that seat is gone i decided to move it.

is it cool to just leave it there like that? was also thinking about attaching it to the ceiling but then that'd be a pain with the wiring.

How is it attached? If it's solid and screwed down with no movement you can put it anywhere in the van I'd imagine. Looks like it's just sitting in the pocket.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

As long as its screwed down, I think it should be ok.

I dont think those Polk 660s get to hot or anything.

IMO I would make holes to run the wires through so you would not see them.

heh. it's just sitting there alright. luckily i put some rubber pads under it to keep it from sliding... but then again, if i have to break hard that's gonna be a problem.

i suppose i will properly secure it and make holes. and no, doesn't get very hot.. although i may end up upgrading soon... so may hold off at least on the 'securing' part.

heh. it's just sitting there alright. luckily i put some rubber pads under it to keep it from sliding... but then again, if i have to break hard that's gonna be a problem.

i suppose i will properly secure it and make holes. and no, doesn't get very hot.. although i may end up upgrading soon... so may hold off at least on the 'securing' part.

Hells ya!!!! loose, unmounted, sharp edged metal is where its at for safey reasons. dude, mount that shit right man, otherwise if you get into an accident or slam on the brakes, you'll be pulling a polk 660 out of the back of your dome piece. or some one elses dome piece...And then, once the amp flys out and some wires that shouldnt, touch, your ride can catch fire too.... Screws are cheap. dont be stupid.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived