Second Skin Audio

Double Chamber Box?

Thewes

The more I think about this the more confused I get. I don't really know if it would be good or bad if your enclosure was to be separated in the middle. Does it even make a difference? I only have 1 amp, so would it be okay if I only powered 1 sub in the big enclosure while the other just sits there? I am confused because the recommendation for 1 sub is 4 cubes max, and the box will be 8 cubes, so wouldn't that technically be 1 sub in an 8 cube box since only 1 is getting power? Someone help me out here, trying to get myself an enclosure built asap and don't know if this will work. Thanks

teamsundown-1.jpg

The more I think about this the more confused I get. I don't really know if it would be good or bad if your enclosure was to be separated in the middle. Does it even make a difference? I only have 1 amp, so would it be okay if I only powered 1 sub in the big enclosure while the other just sits there? I am confused because the recommendation for 1 sub is 4 cubes max, and the box will be 8 cubes, so wouldn't that technically be 1 sub in an 8 cube box since only 1 is getting power? Someone help me out here, trying to get myself an enclosure built asap and don't know if this will work. Thanks

It does matter if you have more than one sub wired up, it depends on whether you have them in stereo or mono. Mono is for to running off one amp in the same chamber and stereo is more for seperate chambers, or else they can hurt each other if one blows or something else goes wrong. But about your box, if one sub is not hooked up and it is 8 cubes, it is like having 1 sub in an 8 cubic foot box with a radiator, even though its not quite the same and not tuneable. Hope this helps a lil.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

Archived