Sundown Audio

Help - amp cutting out?

strebors

i've had a similar problem with my car. your problem is likely lack of electrical support. you didn't mention any electrical upgrades, so i'm assuming everything is stock?

if that's the case there's really nothing you can do about it until you can get better electrical support.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

yea was figuring the power issue was my problem, i lowered the gain to a little over half, the subsonic filter stayed at 25ish, moved lp filter to 60 and bass eq down to +2 and doesnt cut out but i know it can do more but not without upgrading wire, battery, alt

thanks for your help

yea was figuring the power issue was my problem, i lowered the gain to a little over half, the subsonic filter stayed at 25ish, moved lp filter to 60 and bass eq down to +2 and doesnt cut out but i know it can do more but not without upgrading wire, battery, alt

thanks for your help

bass eq to 0. listen. dont just turn knobs. put low pass to 80hz, bass eq to 0, and subsonic close to box tuning. and no, it cant do more power without getting bigger wire. with that tiny 8 gauge, you're limited to probably 500w AT THE MOST. listen to us. you dont need to upgrade the battery or alternator, just get the big 3 done and upgrade the amp wire to 4 gauge.

edit: what you're basically trying to do is hook up a fire hydrant with a garden hose. its not going to work no matter how much you try.

Edited by Kranny

+ten on bigger wire... do big 3 and 4ga and it will help and not cost a fortune.

Edited by Bigsix

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO