Second Skin Audio

Plexiglass?

So I was thinking about trying to put a little plexiglass window in my box (maybe 8x8 or so?) for an AA Havoc 15". I was wondering how it would affect my playing if I did not use a thick sheet (i.e could I use a 3mm sheet with alot of sealant or something?). Would a lot of air leak out/would it not be able to withstand the pressure

2006 Ford Escape
Head Unit: Kenwood KDC 352
Subs: (3) 15" DC XL 15s with PSI recones, 1.4 ohm coils
Sub amp: DD Audio M4 (Black Version)
Door Speakers: (2) Crossfire 10s, (2) Hertz Coax.
Mid/highs amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-4

Electrical:
XS D3400 under the hood
(3) XS XP3000s in the back
2 runs of KnuKonceptz OFC 0 Gauge ran to the back (1 pos, 1 neg)
Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt (FINALLY!)

3mm would probably break or vibrate and sound like shit.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

use lexan, not plexiglass. it's much stronger and will be less likely to flex or break.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

while we're on the topic, i'm thinking about doing something similar when my rebuild time comes this summer.

if i made my back wall out of lexan, how thick would it need to be?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Actually what I was looking at was the Lexan sheets, forgot to mention it. If you were doing an entire wall out of plexiglass, I would guess you would want 3/4" - 1" thick sheet. I could be completely off on that though, but thats what I would guess

2006 Ford Escape
Head Unit: Kenwood KDC 352
Subs: (3) 15" DC XL 15s with PSI recones, 1.4 ohm coils
Sub amp: DD Audio M4 (Black Version)
Door Speakers: (2) Crossfire 10s, (2) Hertz Coax.
Mid/highs amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-4

Electrical:
XS D3400 under the hood
(3) XS XP3000s in the back
2 runs of KnuKonceptz OFC 0 Gauge ran to the back (1 pos, 1 neg)
Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt (FINALLY!)

while we're on the topic, i'm thinking about doing something similar when my rebuild time comes this summer.

if i made my back wall out of lexan, how thick would it need to be?

depends whats going in it. Could glue a couple 3/4 or 1" sheets together but I imagine keeping the air bubbles out of that would be hell..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

would look ok till u turn ya sub on then realise it isnt a good idea

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)