Sonic Electronix

Car Shut Off While Driving! Audio Problems?

also make sure to check you battery cable as well to see if it is really corroded, i had this problem with my Bonneville, just something else to check to eliminate all factors.

its not corroded, but it has been through some stuff... i had to cut off the original connection and add new one cuz it was messing up and my battery cable actually melted.. so i fixed that issue while back like last summer.. I think i need to put the terminal down a little more tho cuz its coming up and its a little lose.

06 SCION tC

I agree with roscoe... sounds like an alt problem to me... getting an abs light or anything on the light? alot of cars the abs light will come on because there isn't enough juice to make the abs system function properly.

No... no lights, other than my oil light cuz i'm freaking low and havn't had the time to change the oil..

But i'm pretty darn sure it is the ALT

06 SCION tC

Make sure your battery terminals are tight and not corroded..If you have a Volt meter, crank your car and see what voltage your alt is charging..

P.S. Change your oil before you lock your motor up.. :D

Edited by zaxfire69

UPDATE

Ok, so went to a friendly Auto Shop and talked to the guys there and they checked out my car..

I disconnected my Power Wire from my amp before I went there so that there was no power going to it, so all the tests were done without the system hooked up

- Battery is putting out almost 15 volts so its in good order.

- The alt is getting near death here.. but still charging the battery up pretty good. (will soon need new one)

What i'm planning on doing...

- Upgrading to better power ALT

- Purchasing Kenetics (600) Battery for the system

... I wasn't too sure about everything and the mechanic talked to me a lot about the power and stuff and ALTs so i now have a better understanding about all this car junk so I NOW know how to properly treat my car with having a system in there...

So basically, for little while i wont be driving with my system hooked up until I get a Kenetics 600 Battery which I'm ordering this week, and i think I'll also be getting a new ALT soon once I know what to get and where to get and how much i'm going to have to burn my wallet.

06 SCION tC

Make sure your battery terminals are tight and not corroded..If you have a Volt meter, crank your car and see what voltage your alt is charging..

P.S. Change your oil before you lock your motor up.. :D

YEa i'm heading outside right now to fix the batt terminal to make it tighter, and yes, this sat. i'm changing the oil.. lol.

06 SCION tC