Sonic Electronix

Car Shut Off While Driving! Audio Problems?

I just got home, my heart is freaking pounding still..

was goign 55 MPH and my car shut OFF!!!!!

for the past few days my system has been cutting off... my amp has a POWER light and a PROTECT light, well the POWER light turns from green to red.... I turn up the subs and it would turn to RED.. I dont get it..

Well i had turned down my amp a lot and not turned the bass up much, rewired the amp, checked ALL the subs and terminals, etc. NOTHING seemed wrong..

Well today i decided to turn up the bass a little.. well i'm driving and my amp doesnt cut out but my head unit start flashing on and off and cutting out the music... then my car starts to jump while driving 50...

WELLLLL... I try to turn off my head unit but it kept turning ON AND OFF and then all of a sudden my car jumps and shuts off WHILE DRIVING 55 MPH!!!!! I drive stick so i slammed that clutch and started back up and just drove home with everything off the rest of the way...

WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM!!!! is this a sign of my ALT going bad? this is my 2nd one... let me also mention that this prolem never happened until i built new box and these subs started hitting harder....

06 SCION tC

I just got home, my heart is freaking pounding still..

was goign 55 MPH and my car shut OFF!!!!!

for the past few days my system has been cutting off... my amp has a POWER light and a PROTECT light, well the POWER light turns from green to red.... I turn up the subs and it would turn to RED.. I dont get it..

Well i had turned down my amp a lot and not turned the bass up much, rewired the amp, checked ALL the subs and terminals, etc. NOTHING seemed wrong..

Well today i decided to turn up the bass a little.. well i'm driving and my amp doesnt cut out but my head unit start flashing on and off and cutting out the music... then my car starts to jump while driving 50...

WELLLLL... I try to turn off my head unit but it kept turning ON AND OFF and then all of a sudden my car jumps and shuts off WHILE DRIVING 55 MPH!!!!! I drive stick so i slammed that clutch and started back up and just drove home with everything off the rest of the way...

WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM!!!! is this a sign of my ALT going bad? this is my 2nd one... let me also mention that this prolem never happened until i built new box and these subs started hitting harder....

sounds like an alt problem to me....subs hitting harder amp working harder alt working harder....going out....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

must be a alt problem...did you take out you stuff and check if the problem continues?

What would that do beside lighten his car up? (all he has to do is shut his system off to accomplish the same thing)

all he has to do is check his alt with a meter and see what its putting out or to take it to autozone or someplace like and let them test it.

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

must be a alt problem...did you take out you stuff and check if the problem continues?

i rewired everything when my amp first was messing up.. and no wiring problems or anything.. and i think its my alternator because same thing like this happend during the summer and it was alternator... so i'm guessing thats the issue..

and, i dont think its good idea to be driving the car cuz i dont want it to completely kill when i'm 30 minutes away from home... so car sitting at home and i'm disconnecting my amp power wire from the battery... so idk what i'm doing right now..

06 SCION tC

i told him over the phone it sounds like an alty problem

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i told him over the phone it sounds like an alty problem

i'm agreeing cuz this happened before and i had already checked all the other issues... so.. i wasnt too sure what the problem was until my car SHUT OFF... so yea.. looks like i'll be shopping for alt?

I know nothing NOTHING about these things like brands, power, etc..

But all i know is i need to get one that puts out more power...

I have a Ford Contour 2000 if that matters anything.. so if anyone could help that would be GREAT

06 SCION tC

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I agree with roscoe... sounds like an alt problem to me... getting an abs light or anything on the light? alot of cars the abs light will come on because there isn't enough juice to make the abs system function properly.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000