Second Skin Audio

Btl 15 Box

Nick_L

I want to build my own box for a 15" btl... this will be the first time I have designed or built a ported box so I thought I would post here first and see if any of you pros could give me some pointers.... Here are the dimensions 40.5" wide 17" deep 17.5" tall port is 4.5" wide and goes 11" back and then turns and goes another 20" and the box would be tuned at about 32 Hz. Any suggestions or tips or anything would be awesome.

if those are outer dimensions then according to my calculations that sounds pretty good. that will give u about 3.66cubes net tuned to 34hz...although your port might be a tad big, but depending on how much powering you are gonna be giving the sub, it may not matter.

i would do a double baffle and brace some on the inside. just take your time, measure 3 times and cut once, as the saying goes. you are bound to fuck up, as most of us do, since its your first box....but try not to get to frustrated...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Thanks a lot man! Yeah those are the outer dimensions and im planning on either a RF T2000 or a T3000 depends on how much my next few checks are :lol: lol, how do you go about adding a double baffle and what would be the best way to brace the inside and will the extra material inside effect the volume enough to matter?

double baffle just means to double the wood on whatever side u are putting the sub on...so two layers of wood on that side. depending on how much bracing you use, it shouldnt affect it too terribly much...at least probably not enough to be noticeable to the ear, unless u use ungodly amounts of bracing...i would either use some 2 x 4's or some thread rod...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived