Second Skin Audio

18" Fi Bl Box Question.

Hey guys whats up? I'm new to subs, and systems. Only been into them about a year. I'm about to order an 18" Fi BL and a HIFONICS BXI2006D amp. I guess you could say it's a BIG improvement from my first system (Sony Xplod from walmart. Please don't lol too hard )

I'm posting to find out what would be a good box design for it. I drive a "93 mustang hatchback and I'm going to let my back steats down to find the room to install it :) I also need to know what hz my box should be tuned at. The specs on the FI site https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript says 30-37. So my friend and I were shooting for around 34Hz. And what type of wood would be good?

What would the specs be for a 34 Hz box. My Friend knows, but I want to see what you guys think. He has been doing systems for years now.

I'm sure you guys know more about this than I do. All responses are welcome. I will enjoy reading them all. After I get it installed I'll have pix of it up if you guys would like to see it.

Edited by Jordan92790

7cubes net at 34hz sounds good

sub up, port back

3/4"mdf for the wood, maybe a double baffle, and a smalle amount of bracing.

When you say 7 cubes do you mean 7 cubic feet? My friend said 5.88 cubic feet is around 34Hz. Or does cubic feet determine what a box is tuned at? I'm a noob at box design lol

well they recommend anywhere from 5-10cubes net. Net meaning the total volume after you subtract out sub and port displacement (gross would be the total volume BEFORE you subtract sub and port displacement). size of the box, size/depth of the port all determine tuning...5.88cubes net would probably be fine imo

i likes me some audio stuff...

the height and width and lenth of the port determines the tuning of the port im sure someone would be able to help if u gave some dimensions

lenth height and width of the box ur wanting to build

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

im going wit 4 18 BLs wit 5 cuft after all displacement tuned to 31hz to hit the lows let us know wat u decided to go with as far as tuning and box sixe and post build pics if u can

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

im going wit 4 18 BLs wit 5 cuft after all displacement tuned to 31hz to hit the lows let us know wat u decided to go with as far as tuning and box sixe and post build pics if u can

Ok...so I talked to my friend today and he said It would be a 14x30x30 with a 6x6 port whole. 5.88 cf net. I'm guessing he is right. Can anyone calculate this for me? I dunno how to.