Sonic Electronix

I had a Fi SSD 12 on AQ1200, but the Fi past away when trying to show off.

My car is a 2011 Mazda 3, It has 1gauge already ran to the trunk, plus the barely better then stock Bose package. It sounds good enough for me to have no reason to remove it.

Anyways, working with something around $800 budget, I'm sure Santa can be persuaded some. I have no idea of which way to go with subs and stuff. I would prefer to use the Aq1200, but if I need more power and it fits budget then that is fine. The box will be build by my Dad and myself, last one went really well.

So over all price would include: Subs, possibly amp, and some extra for MDF. I will get trunk specs today.

Also, I definitely want two of something, one 12 was impressive but never enough. I was thinking two 15's but then I realized how much of a box they need.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by HarrisonGrayLetchworth

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-4.3 cf box sealed to cabin

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

How much different do you think the New and old SSD's are? If I picked up a recone for that and another SSD, do you think that would work out?

Also, keep in mind the budget, I want something that is going to impress. The SSD surprised alot of people.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

A 15" Fi BL or Q ( depending on your goals ) and a Crescendo audio BC2000

Edit. I didn't see your last post. I don't think It would be a good idea to put a new SSD in a box with a old SSD maybe in separate chambers but I think you'd be better off finding a second old style SSD or selling the one you have and buying 2 new SSD's

Edited by mikeg321

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

you blew your SSD on 1.2k? i'd think they could handle that if your system was tuned right.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

To be honest, everything was perfect and fine then I turned it up louder then I should have. Mind it was a dual 1, so only about 800 watts. One coil went out, I had the system out for a month or so and was like why not just put all the power to one coil. I knew that was going to be death.

Edit. I didn't see your last post. I don't think It would be a good idea to put a new SSD in a box with a old SSD maybe in separate chambers but I think you'd be better off finding a second old style SSD or selling the one you have and buying 2 new SSD's

Thats what I was thinking. I still don't know if it would sound quite right with two differnt subs.

Edited by HarrisonGrayLetchworth

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

How much different do you think the New and old SSD's are? If I picked up a recone for that and another SSD, do you think that would work out?

Also, keep in mind the budget, I want something that is going to impress. The SSD surprised alot of people.

new ssd line is totally different from the previous models...they rate them for 1k rms stock now instead of 800rms..and they r a neo magnet

its not a good idea to mix match woofers like that.. different models have different frequency responce etc etc etc..

if u wanna keep a aq1200d might as well get 2 sdc 12s or 10s and build a sick ass box for them.. no subsitute for cone area

if u wanna keep a aq1200d might as well get 2 sdc 12s or 10s and build a sick ass box for them.. no subsitute for cone area

So do you think two SDC 2.5 12's will do what I want? As far as box goes; I wouldnt be able to design a crazy good box. Is that something that someone up here does?

What about Skar subs, I saw those on youtube. Anything to them?

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3