Ive seen royal purple at mijers before lol Its in a purple bottel The oil is acctually purple too! Gets pricy tho... But worth it IMO

Thanks, ill shop around for it next time. Better to buy quality and treat the car right than pay for repairs. Besides purple stuff is always better ;)

Full synthetic is different than regular oil. For example royal purple I'd have no problem running 7k mules on, the standard no name you get at autozone not so much.

I do amsoil and change it every 7.5k

I would be weary about doing that with Dino juice though. Lots of thermal cycles could cause the additives to break down.

OP - oil is the lifeblood of an engine. If you idle alot: the oil doesn't get quite as hot as when driving on the freeway or something - so a bit more moisture makes it into the oil to get absorbed. If you idle, that's fine. Just change a bit more often(and use a good filter like napa/wix, amsoil, or RP. Stay away from Fram). Oil is cheap compared to engines :good:

you should see no ill effects the only thing thats happening is, your alternator is coming under load from the boom boom, causing your engine to work a tad bit harder to keep the car at idle, as for oil changes... oil filters should be changed every time your oil is changed... if you leave your old oil filter with your new oil, you new oil will be contaminated by particles that your old oil contained.. such contaminants could include metal shavings from wearing of your rod or main bears, and possibly dirt and things from a not so well filtered intake.

fram is all advertising, the best filters usually come from the factory believe it or not, they have the highest micron filtration spec.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

• 2 weeks later...

You should see no poor effects from idling your engine. Most engine wear actually comes from the start up where there is no oil pressure to keep the metal to metal parts from contacting. Also if your using dino oil change it every 3k miles. If using synthetic like mobile 1 or amsoil I would go up to 10K. I change mine every 10K on mobile 1. Engine currently has 228,xxx miles on it. Only use .5 quarts between oil change and I think most of that is the slight leak I have at my front crank seal. Car manufactures like BMW and Lexus change theirs around 10K miles. And Lexus is using 5w-20 synthetic blend on their 10k oil change models. They just started this so their hasn't been any cars with a ton of miles on them to see any nill effects, if any on them.