Adding Aux-Input to Aftermarket HU

Ok, so this might sound obscene or completely stupid but I would like to know if it can be done. First off, I plan on, eventually, doing a Carputer. So I have a Clarion CZ500 HU that does have a Aux Input on the face of it but not one on on the rear of the deck. I was wondering if there was some way to solder on a second Aux input (to the mobo of the HU), by branching off the main Aux-input, to the Clarion. Now I know this sounds stupid and feel free to criticize but I would like to know if this can be done. I am very familiar with electronics so no worries on soldering, testing, prodding, ect. The main reason I would like to do this is to be able to maintain the front aux free for an Ipod/Mp3/ect and have a Aux input in the back so I can maintain a neat look and not having to unplug and replug the carputer back in the front Aux port. I just would like to know if anyone has done it and/or if anyone knows off the top that it's not to hard to do. I figure I could do continuity test to find where to put the input but that's just a guess. If you need any more info, feel free to ask.

Feel free to hate to. I'm open for it.

if you wanted to you could probably add in an eq and retain the deck you have now, i know the legacy i have has two inputs on it, i dont know if the higher end models do or not

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Try it out on a older head unit first but i believe it sounds possible. you would just have to only use one or the other aux input. I am curious myself i do have an older hu i dont use that does have an aux. i may just try this out see how it goes.

if you wanted to you could probably add in an eq and retain the deck you have now, i know the legacy i have has two inputs on it, i dont know if the higher end models do or not

Hmm I have a hifonics eq, but two potentiometers are broke of so I need to fix them, but I don't think It has an input....but I dont think that your plan would work to well because the EQ gets it's signal from the HU? Correct me if I'm wrong though? lol

Try it out on a older head unit first but i believe it sounds possible. you would just have to only use one or the other aux input. I am curious myself i do have an older hu i dont use that does have an aux. i may just try this out see how it goes.

Yea, I was going to see on my stock Calvalier head unit before I mess up this 90 buck one. It seems that this guy got it to work nicely on his RX-8 stock Head Unit so I assume it won't be terribly difficult on this Clarion. Here's the guys link, RX-8 Aux Input Install

get double din.almost all have inputs in rear. then get 3.5 audio jack to rca cable

You missed the point haha, I'm going to install a carputer...Which will be like a double din but 10000 better (imo) but I still want to retain the Clarion radio for many reasons. I rather not have a 7" touch screen AND a double din HU lol I'm also on a budget so I can't go out buying Head Units lol

Hmm I have a hifonics eq, but two potentiometers are broke of so I need to fix them, but I don't think It has an input....but I dont think that your plan would work to well because the EQ gets it's signal from the HU? Correct me if I'm wrong though? lol

Yea, I was going to see on my stock Calvalier head unit before I mess up this 90 buck one. It seems that this guy got it to work nicely on his RX-8 stock Head Unit so I assume it won't be terribly difficult on this Clarion. Here's the guys link, RX-8 Aux Input Install

not all eq's do. mine had what was labeled as DVD and aux and it was a little switch that would switch between the two rca inputs. i guess i should have asked if you had a highs amp first

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

ahhhhhh. i was thinking get the double n mount the car puter screen elsewhere so you can run shit from double din as cd n then puter as puter. my bad. i second the try it out thing cuz i have same problem

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

not all eq's do. mine had what was labeled as DVD and aux and it was a little switch that would switch between the two rca inputs. i guess i should have asked if you had a highs amp first

I believe I do, but it's an oldddd Virtual Reality amp so I might upgrade that to something of better quality and higher power. But I will look into the EQ and see if I can find one that I like that has it!

Thanks for the tip!