what can you guys tell me about clarion

A few bad ones and you're ready to look elsewhere. Remember, people will let you know w/o thought what they think when something doesn't do what it states. People don't get on to tell you , Hay, this worked just as described, this is great!!!!! Doesn't happen. I know you asked, so there for you got some replies.

The Clarion HU's are still top notch. Their HU's do their rated power. I'm not saying that the one poster didn't know how to test for the voltage output, but every review I've read they DO or surpass their rated output.

I've had 3 Clarion HU's myself, and my next one to replace my Eclipse AVN6620 will be the Clarion NX501. My first ever HU was the Clarion 6770, sold to get the DRX9175L, stolen so I bought the DRX9375r. The only issue I've ever had w/any of these is the 9375 started to act up accepting CD's, after 6 yrs of service and non-stop playing.

I also have:

5632CD

ADCS-1

DRX7475

DRX8275

DRX9375r

DRX9575Rz

DRX9675

HX-D10

DXZ615

Except for the 5632CD, all work perfectly. The 5632CD works, but the display has faded and the #2 preset button fell off.

Chances are, the unit you get will have 0 issues for years to come. Just like cars, some are lemons while its sibling isn't.

Thats odd for you to say something sounds like you are a clarion nut huger or a fanboy. Anyways that's besides the point. I probably got a few lemons who knows. I nit picked that thing apart I will glady take my kenwood any day of the week over the clarion. Btw just to let you know that head units rca voltage was measured using the sticky on here, me and 5 other people tested it and got the same voltage and that includes the shop I bought it from. Like I said they are a great brand just don't buy head units from them.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Like he said clarion is still top notch I've bin using it from 2005 and still haven't looked else where right now am at 157db n not a skip or error...I can list a thousand defects with pioneer but that doesn't mean they aren't still stop notch! Clarion is good choose ur model wisely!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Thats odd for you to say something sounds like you are a clarion nut huger or a fanboy. Anyways that's besides the point. I probably got a few lemons who knows. I nit picked that thing apart I will glady take my kenwood any day of the week over the clarion. Btw just to let you know that head units rca voltage was measured using the sticky on here, me and 5 other people tested it and got the same voltage and that includes the shop I bought it from. Like I said they are a great brand just don't buy head units from them.

I never said you didn't know how to test the voltage, just left it open as a possibility.

Also if you'd look at my signature, you'd see that I state "Clarion Collector". Even though, I still try my hardest to give an unbiased opinion. I will be the first to state whether they do or don't do rated, whether an amp, HU or ?? Just like the older Bluish LANZAR Opti series amps, they don't do much more then rated like everyone thinks they do. I love those amps and will till the day I die, hell I even own 2 of them, but the simple fact is, I set the record straight that they don't do much more then rated. I would do the same for Clarion. Might be because I feel that strongly about those brands/lines.

So yes, I am a Clarion nut hugger/fanboy. You have a problem with that?

www.phoenixphorum.com

Setup

HU: Eclipse AVN6620

Amp: Audison LRx5.1k

Mids: 6 1/2" Silver Flute's

Tweets: Clarion SSS601

No rears

Subs: (2) TREO SSi12.22's

Processing: Audio Control DQS, Phoenix Gold BassCube

Clarion Collector

HEAD UNITS:

7770 w/920EQ w/2nd 920EQ display